Revell Star Wars kits

RGronovius

In the recent journal, there was an article about getting kids into modeling. So far, I have introduced six of my six kids into modeling, although only one ever really liked it and she even entered a few kits into a show in Nashua and won a few trophies for her efforts. That was six years ago, she'll be 17 on Monday and is interested in her boyfriend, school work (4.0 GPA) and hanging with friends in the new Corolla I bought her in May.

I've started my 6 yr old son but he lacks the finer motor skills and still wants to play with the kits. He is a big Star Wars The Clone Wars fan. We watch the animated show on Fridays and he plays Lego Star Wars on the PS3 and Nintendo DS quite often. He was looking at a Fine Molds Snow Speeder I got from eBay and showed a great interest in the kit.

Not wanting to let him loose on an expensive Fine Molds kits, I found a few of the pre-decorated snap tite Revell Star Wars kits at Marshall's for a whopping $4.99 a piece. I bought some of the bigger Revell Star Wars kits at the local hobby shop, eBay and Squadron.com for around $20 a piece. I had to help him, basically had to remove parts and press them together to gain a positive lock. He followed along and we had a bit of fun.

These kits are light years beyond the MPC kits from the 1970s and 80s and much better than the AMT/Ertl kits released after Episodes 1, 2 and 3. The level of detail on them are amazing and they are well engineered. Only a few spots required some glue to flow with minor clamping to close wing gaps. Other than that, they fit like a glove.

Here's what we knocked out during the weekend and a few evenings after homework was done (yes, 1st graders get homework). There are two bigger kits, the X-Wing and Y-Wing fighters and the TIE Interceptor and Eta-2 Jedi fighter were the $5 bagged kits.

I wish we had finished the fleet earlier and I had a chance to take better shots, but here they are:

5121431121_d39ecde9d4_z.jpg

5121431265_628196345c_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not bad little kits. I picked up a few yesterday. and with a little work , one could have a neat little model of these ships.

i know that i for one was pleased with the price here as well.

not bad little kits for 5 bucks.

Kev,

In the recent journal, there was an article about getting kids into modeling. So far, I have introduced six of my six kids into modeling, although only one ever really liked it and she even entered a few kits into a show in Nashua and won a few trophies for her efforts. That was six years ago, she'll be 17 on Monday and is interested in her boyfriend, school work (4.0 GPA) and hanging with friends in the new Corolla I bought her in May.

I've started my 6 yr old son but he lacks the finer motor skills and still wants to play with the kits. He is a big Star Wars The Clone Wars fan. We watch the animated show on Fridays and he plays Lego Star Wars on the PS3 and Nintendo DS quite often. He was looking at a Fine Molds Snow Speeder I got from eBay and showed a great interest in the kit.

Not wanting to let him loose on an expensive Fine Molds kits, I found a few of the pre-decorated snap tite Revell Star Wars kits at Marshall's for a whopping $4.99 a piece. I bought some of the bigger Revell Star Wars kits at the local hobby shop, eBay and Squadron.com for around $20 a piece. I had to help him, basically had to remove parts and press them together to gain a positive lock. He followed along and we had a bit of fun.

These kits are light years beyond the MPC kits from the 1970s and 80s and much better than the AMT/Ertl kits released after Episodes 1, 2 and 3. The level of detail on them are amazing and they are well engineered. Only a few spots required some glue to flow with minor clamping to close wing gaps. Other than that, they fit like a glove.

Here's what we knocked out during the weekend and a few evenings after homework was done (yes, 1st graders get homework). There are two bigger kits, the X-Wing and Y-Wing fighters and the TIE Interceptor and Eta-2 Jedi fighter were the $5 bagged kits.

I wish we had finished the fleet earlier and I had a chance to take better shots, but here they are:

5121431121_d39ecde9d4_z.jpg

5121431265_628196345c_z.jpg

Very nice!!! :smiley20: