TankRats AFV Depot

Mark Aldrich

Fellow TreadHeads....

There is a couple discussions on three other AFV forums that I wanted you to be aware of. I had no problems with the gentleman when I was at the NATS. I also know a fellow treadhead that also praised him. However, things don't seem kosher and please take it for what it is worth. This is just a TreadHead public service announcement.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/

Yikes! Lots of unhappy campers out there. I would agree with the comment about Tankrats' prices being high, as that's what I saw at the Nats in Phoenix, but I still bought some decal sheets from him as no one else had any.

A sign of the times? I hope not.

He was a local show and tried to tell me Revell of Germany was out of business in order to justify his high prices on the RoG Jaguar kit. After learning the news I asked around and no one else had heard about the collapse. Later in the day we email RoG and received a response reading something like, "We are not closing - just the opposite we are expanding."

I would steer clear of this clown.

Like I said,

I didn't have any problems with him. Of course, what I got was what he had. I wasn't going to post this at all until I read that he sold his inventory to someone in Texas. A lot of us do mail order and as he sells mail order, I wanted fellow TreadHeads to be aware that he may have no more inventory to buy from.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich