WingNut Wings

TheWalrus

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the WingNuts Wings site http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/ has made a small change. If you look in the "Coming Soon" selection you will see that it has changed to only list a 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa and a 1/32 Roland D.VIa . It says "Coming Soon 2010".

Within the next two months another bucket of gold will be launched from our friends in New Zealand should this hold true. The previous listings must have been moved to next year.

Still nothing on their resin figures.

I'm a big fan of Wingnuts Wings. The craftsmanship found in the box is incredible!

Absolutely a top-notch company! Their business model of skipping the wholesaler and hobbyshops and selling direct just might be the wave of the future, especially if it holds prices down. The fact that this company can produce such wonderfully engineered, detailed, and well-fitting kits right from their first release onwards makes you wonder why the other companies have so much trouble getting things right. I just wish they'd expand into the 20's-30's era of Golden Age biplanes! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Absolutely a top-notch company! Their business model of skipping the wholesaler and hobbyshops and selling direct just might be the wave of the future, especially if it holds prices down. The fact that this company can produce such wonderfully engineered, detailed, and well-fitting kits right from their first release onwards makes you wonder why the other companies have so much trouble getting things right. I just wish they'd expand into the 20's-30's era of Golden Age biplanes! Cheers!

I'd be all over that! Think of the possibilities. Might help staunch the endless flow of Spitfires & Bf-109 's.

I really have no preference as to Wingnuts' next release. Their track record indicates that whatever the subject it will be worth it.

Which is why there are fewer and fewer shops. it'll be a sad day when you have to order the paint and glue from the Kiwis, too

OTOH, the new 1/32 Revell-Germany Ar 196 looks great on Hyperscale and it's US SRP is $41 ... Trumpeter needs to take notes from them.

Which is why there are fewer and fewer shops. it'll be a sad day when you have to order the paint and glue from the Kiwis, too

OTOH, the new 1/32 Revell-Germany Ar 196 looks great on Hyperscale and it's US SRP is $41 ... Trumpeter needs to take notes from them.

Frankly, RoG impresses me a lot in regard to what they are putting out lately. The value for the money is outstanding.

.....OTOH, the new 1/32 Revell-Germany Ar 196 looks great on Hyperscale and it's US SRP is $41...
I am soooo looking forward to this kit. But I remember the word on the www was that the RoG Ju-88's were supposed to come out at around that same price, $41-ish and LHS's retail them for $75 to 90. Picked mine up for under $50 from evil-bay (S & H included!) from a business that provides support. If I can do that with 10 models with the same cost savings, I have enough left over for 5 more! But I still do buy all my supplies from the LHS along with an occasional kit too. That's the best I can do to continue to support my LHS.

.....Trumpeter needs to take notes from them.

...And yes, I could not agree with you more. With retail prices on 32nd scale Trump kits starting above $150 on up.....they are pricing themselves outta business. I don't blame the LHS for the astronomical retail prices on these kits, but likewise I hope that the LHS owners understand when I buy the same $150 - 200 Trump kits off of Evil-bay for 50, 75, and 120! Just like LHS that gotta watch where they invest their overhead, I too gotta watch where I spend my cash.

- As for buying direct from WingNuts, works for me. Love those kits.

Edited by Weedeater

I think Trumpeter is greedy with their prices. You know the stuff made in China costs peanuts to make, then they turn around and charge ridiculous super expensive prices for models that you still have to spend time and money to either correct or add missing details to.

As for Wingnuts Wings, I was blown away at the level of detail and information packed into their product. I saw their Se5 kit at a local model show for $40 and snapped it! Even at the regular retail price of $59, it's worth every penny.