KLINGON D 7 BATTLE CRUISER

papasmurf

Here's a static build of the ERTL Klingon Battle Cruiser from Star Trek's "The Undiscovered Country". All hand painted, and airbrushed, lots of Hull detailing!

Hope you like it! ^_^

kl10.295120709_large.jpg

kl11.295120634_large.jpg

kl2.295120326_large.jpg

kl13.295120422_large.jpg

Edited by papasmurf

Welcome back, Simon,

It's been some time since you last posted. The Klingon Battle Cruiser certainly looks ready for business, with a paint pattern that looks as intimidating as the ship itself when entering a fight. I see you couldn't resist lighting up the forward crew module. The post also doubles as a power conduit, I presume, with a standard plug-in connector at the tip. Batteries are where?

Thanks for a Star Trek subject.

Ed

Welcome back, Simon,

It's been some time since you last posted. The Klingon Battle Cruiser certainly looks ready for business, with a paint pattern that looks as intimidating as the ship itself when entering a fight. I see you couldn't resist lighting up the forward crew module. The post also doubles as a power conduit, I presume, with a standard plug-in connector at the tip. Batteries are where?

Thanks for a Star Trek subject.

Ed

Awwwwh ED!! You made my day!! This "Bird" is unlighted! This was an attempt at simulating lighting in that forward module! I see it worked, bless you man. :smiley20:

Sorry for not being around much, I am extremely busy. This is the only forum I post on, so it's not like I am being a "stranger" or anything.

This would have been stunning lighted. Some lightsheet inserts would have really brought out the Warp Engine's green "glow" as seen on screen. And the "Photon" torpedo effect in the front really would have gone over the top. As some of you know, I do these builds per client specs, and he didn't want a lighted version, just a static for his office, shame.

Maybe next time?

I'm so pleased you liked it!

Check out my website if you have the time, a HUGE 42 inch (Or is it 48", senility is setting in....) Enterprise "E" build is on the Workbench at this time. The kit is by Sovereign Replicas, and it is not your average "off the shelf" kit!

Edited by papasmurf

Great work - welcome back!

Thanks Tim, but I never left! I posted 2 builds just a few weeks ago, but I don't think anyone commented or replied on them. Hurt my li'l smurf fellins' there, hohohoho.......... :smiley19:

I know you guys have seen plenty of my Jupiter 2's, hey, it's a popular build on my site, but the Invaders UFO was really nice, anybody check that out? :smiley25:

Thanks Tim, but I never left! I posted 2 builds just a few weeks ago, but I don't think anyone commented or replied on them. Hurt my li'l smurf fellins' there, hohohoho.......... :smiley19:

I know you guys have seen plenty of my Jupiter 2's, hey, it's a popular build on my site, but the Invaders UFO was really nice, anybody check that out? :smiley25:

I did see them all, and I apologize for not posting a reply. I know how it is to be almost too busy to post anything except a quick "This is what I'm working on" post. All your models were all great. I especially feel bad because I know how you feel not getting comments. LOL! My thread has been pretty empty as well. I'll try to be more attentive, especially since I live the work you do on these models.

Thanks guys, yep, never enough time to get it all done anymore, I can relate.

You can get the E kit from Sovereign Replicas, but it is rather "pricey", around 800 bucks. Ouch! :smiley11:

• 1 year later...