My first tank!

Wulf

Well, as some of you know, I'm mainly a plane guy. However, I decided to cross over the darkside briefly. This is my first attempt at a tank and it was a learning experience!

Needless to say, I've gained a whole new respect for good armor modeling. It was fun to try new things and techniques.

This is Tam's Panther (the older kit). It was a good kit but needed some additions along the way. The add ons include a scratchbuilt cannon barrel, sponsons, side skirts, antenna and utility storage tube. The real challenge was the whole road wheel/sprocket/tread assembly. It took many attempts and adjustments to get it all right. This project almost met an untimely demise against my shop wall! However, I pushed on. The finish is acrylics with pastel, pigment and mud weathering. This was also my first attempt at a 1/35 figure. He came out fairly well but still need practice.

Comments always welcomed...

Andy

tank1-1.jpg

tank10.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank5.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank8.jpg

tank9.jpg

Very Nice looking Panther!!!

:smiley20: (still without a M-1938 Tanker's Helmet)

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Andy,

Looks great to me! I find that the techniques I use for Sci Fi and Space carry over when, on those infrequent occasions, I dabble in armor. And by armor I mean softskin at that. Cewl! Will this be at the upcoming GatorCon event?

Thanks guys for the kind words. And yes Dick, it will be at GatorCon. I'm sure it's no match for most though.

Andy

Thanks guys for the kind words. And yes Dick, it will be at GatorCon. I'm sure it's no match for most though.

Andy

doesn't matter if it will be a match for most or not, you build it and they will come. :smiley20: I learned a LOT of my scratchbuilding techniques from modelers who do pristine stuff as well as just the ordinary non-descript models.

Andy,

You just never know! I didn't think ANY of my entries would win ANYTHING at the Nats and I did! Locally, I can pretty well tell where my stuff will place compaired to what is on the Table. I didn't think I stood a snowballs chance of winning anything! Keep up the excellent work!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad really, but maybe you should have....and....and then there's the.... Know what I mean? The ...looks pretty good though, except for that one part, but I'll let you go on that, since this was your first (common mistake, no biggie). Oh, and on that version there are only.... Most people don't know that, and it is a bit obscure, but I found it when I did some research on mine, so i thought I'd pass it along. All in all, yea, and I see a lot of potential. :smiley2::smiley20: