Best 1/35 M4A3 Sherman on the face of the planet?

TheMadKlingon

I just purchased Verlinden's recently re-released Calliope and I was wondering what is the best 1/35 M4A3 Sherman on the face of the planet? :)

THANKS!

Edited by TheMadKlingon

Someone else mentioned the Tasca kit. They also wrote the Verlinden Calliope was crap? Are there any other options short of scratch building the rocket launcher for a good M4A3 Calliope model?

Tom,

I've seen and read reviews of both(Verlinden and Italeri). If the modelers are correct they both need work. Unfortuatley, got nothing over on ML...just lots of talk. I know I have a build review in one of my books. When I get home, I'll look it up to see how it was done.

Nice link....

http://planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?p=88292

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Tom,

The only calliope build I found was in theold Osprey modeling manual on the Sherman. He used the Verlinden set and said all he added to it was the firing wires. Also, not to insult your Sherman knowledge, but it appears that the majority of the Calliopes were installed on 75mm High Bustle Shermans. Mostly of the M4A3 variety.

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Tom,

The only calliope build I found was in theold Osprey modeling manual on the Sherman. He used the Verlinden set and said all he added to it was the firing wires. Also, not to insult your Sherman knowledge, but it appears that the majority of the Calliopes were installed on 75mm High Bustle Shermans. Mostly of the M4A3 variety.

Mark

THANKS!

No insult my friend. I only recently learned what an M4A3 was! :)

Really more of a German Armor and Aircraft and Sci-Fi kinda' guy. I don't even really care for Shermans, EXCEPT the Calliope, the one with the big honkin' mine-roller and the snorkels are cool too.