SPAD XIII in progress

Wildcat

Sometimes I wonder why I do this. Three hours working on tiny bits of PE and making plastic look like wood that no one will ever see again. Eduard SPAD XIII in progress.

SXIII_ip1%20001.JPG

SXIII_ip1%20002.JPG

SXIII_ip1%20003.JPG

Looking great so far.... what material did you use to make the "blob" paint masks?

Looking great so far.... what material did you use to make the "blob" paint masks?

Some poster tack stuff from the office supply store that I have used for at least 10 years now. Works great once you get the hang of using it.

We go to the trouble of including the hidden detail because WE know its there! I don't any other reason is needed.

We go to the trouble of including the hidden detail because WE know its there! I don't any other reason is needed.

that's the exact reason I do my stuff also, because I know it's there :smiley14:I love those old WW1 planes

Frank Luke was one of my boyhood idols. Capt. Eddie was OK but Frank was a real rebel. 18 kills between September 12 and September 29, 1918 and the posthumous Medal of Honor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luke

Eduard twin kit with figures of Luke and Rickenbacker. As you can see, I am no figure painter.

SXIII%20006.JPG

SXIII%20007.JPG

SXIII%20015.JPG

SXIII%20015gs.jpg

More here:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/aircraft/spad13_ms.htm

Edited by Wildcat

He shoots- HE SCORES!! That's a sweet Spad XIII! I wouldn't worry about the figure....they give me fits too. But, I fugure (pun intended) if I bothered to practice I could improve on it, but then that would take away time to build more aircraft! Nice biplane, and a great job on the assembly. Those multi-bay "square rigged" bipanes are tough! Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Beautiful Spad!

The figure's uniform is fine. Recommend wiping up the heavy paint on his face with a bit of thinner, and give it another try. And a suggestion there: Paint it medium brown and just very lightly dry-brush the flesh-tone over that, building it up until it looks good to you.