35th Anniversary Camaro

MikeH

Thanks guys. A few frustration hours, clamps and glue, the interior is in place. The dash was twisting on something for some reason and couldn't figure out what. Next will be the windows, and front end/headlights, and some engine bay detailing. Wish me luck...

DSC02824.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

Fantastic work Mike! I have to say that looking at the picture of the 1:1 and your scaled down version, this has to be the most convincing replica I have seen to date. You've really stayed true to the 1:1 and I can't imagine the consignee would be unhappy with it at all, in fact will probably be astonished at this piece of work.

Thanks for making me try a lot harder at being a better builder!

Chris

Thanks again guys for the comments. Here's a shot of the finished undercarriage and the engine bay that I added some detail to tonight. The decals are printed and drying so tomorrow this character will officially be DONE.

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

Outstanding work, Mike! Thanks for sharing your biuld with us.

Brian, that's quite the rare '99 SS you have as Hugger Orange cars are a rarity due to the limited availabilty of the color that year.

Later,

Lee

Mike,

Nice engine work, very convincing! It does look like a scaled down version of the real thing. :smiley20:

Lee, Thanks! That is why it sits in the garage most of the time. The Lingenfellter head and cam package make it fun to to drive too. B)

• 2 weeks later...

I delivered the commissioned build to the owner today. "You got that black beauty done. Holy censored " "Holy censored censored look at that!" "Oh my god look at that." Were a few of his words. He was VERY happy with the finished project. :smiley4: He also gave me a quick tour of his diecast collection, original Schwinn bike (very cool) and gave me two models he had also. When it came time to pay up he says "How's $200 sound?" to which my reply was "That's too much" (and it is in my opinion). He countered with "You put a lot of work and effort in to that and you're getting $200 and we're not discussing it." Needless to say I was very thankful, and gracious about it. I'm still in awe. He said he'll have it as a centerpiece with his car at the annual car show in April with my name by it. :smiley1:

That's very cool, MIke! He seems to know and appreciate what you did and knows the work involved.

Does this mean you are a Pro now?? LOL :smiley20:

CHris

:smiley4::smiley4::smiley4: I wouldn't say I'm a pro by any means. LOL I just enjoy the hobby and it was very gratifying to get the response I did. That was more important than the payday. I would've been happy wih the $50 I shot him just for the materials involved. To hear and see him react the way he did to something that I personally put the effort in to is truly the most rewarding. :smiley20: