German Soldier/crew Individual Weapons ?

JohnRatzenberger

Hey John,

Yes, from what research that I've done, the Kar 98k was the main German Infantry weapon throughout WW2. There is an old DML weapon set # 3816 it's called WWII German Infantry Weapons Part 2, but it has a 98k with grenade mounted on the barrel. I don't know of the stock # for Part 1, sorry my friend. Tell me how many Kar 98ks you need and I'll look through my spares box, I might have enough for ya.

Timmy

John,

An arty gun crew would have included an Officer and/or an NCO. They may have been armed with any of the following:

Rifles(enlisted men)

Kar 98k+*

Gewehr 41+

Gewehr 43(after 1943)*

Gewehr 33/40*

SMGs(NCOs)

MP40*

Bergmann MP28+ or 35

Steyr MP34+

Danuvia 39M(Hungarian)+

Soumi KP-31(Finnish)+

PPS or PPSh-41(if on the eastern front)

Pistols(Officer/NCO)

Walther PP, PPK+ or P-38

Mauser C98*, HSc*

Luger P08

Sauer 38H

Ceska vz. 27

There may or may not have been a 3-man MG section armed with a MG-34* or 42*, 1 pistol (for gunner) and 2 Kar 98s.

The weapons marked with a * are in Dragon (3809) WWII German Inf weapons Pt-1.

The weapons marked with a + are in Dragon (3816) WWII German inf weapons Pt-2.

John,

I have a few of the Tamiya German weapons sets that I only used the MG-34s out of. The Israeli's used many of them purchased from the Czechlosavakians. So I have a large set of spares. If you tell me the weapons types you may need, I can send them to you.

Mark

Thanks, guys ...

I saw the Dragon 3816 -- I guess I could whack the grenade-launcher off the barrel and also use the Gewehrs -- what's the difference between a Gewehr (W) and (M) ? Then I could use a couple SMG's for NCO's.

The Dragon 3809 and the old Tamiya sets appear to be OOP.

Thanks for the leads -- I might need to take Tim or Mark up on their kind offers ....

...what's the difference between a Gewehr (W) and (M)?....
The W stand for Walther and the M stands for Mauser - they both made Kar 98k's. PM your snail-mail addy & I'll kick in a few 98k's and a Gewehr 41 or Gew33/40 for the sake of something different.

John,

I have six rifles, from Tamiya I think, for you if you want them. I probably have more but gotta look through the big German Armour spares box. Let me know if you want them.

Timmy

Yeah,

It's too bad I waste a complete set of German weapons to get 4 MG-34s out of it. Luckily, I usually find mine at swap meets or Model shows and get the deals.

Mark

Yeah,

It's too bad I waste a complete set of German weapons to get 4 MG-34s out of it. Luckily, I usually find mine at swap meets or Model shows and get the deals.

Mark

Archived