Protar Ferrari 156/85

Gooch

Hello everyone this is what I am currently working on and there is not much to this Protar kit as far as part go the quality is no where near Tamiya or Fujimi. Also there a few parts that are broken on the trees. My goal is really just an out of box build I will add a few photo etch bits on the chassis it will be good practice before I build my Fujimi F1 87/88C.

box-art.jpg

I started with the chassis I installed the upper suspension arm for I wanted to glue part #13 in place to hide the seam that would show if I install it during assembly for it's not on the real car.

front-seem.jpg

Next part #42 & 43 where broken off in the box there part of the rear suspension so what I did was to cut the remaining part off with an exto knife. Then I went ahead and drilled a .7.5mm hole in order to slip a piece of .8mm brass rod into the hole.

broken-part.jpg

The new piece

replaced-part.jpg

The engin mockup with the new part

engine-mockup.jpg

More to come soon thanks for looking

Edited by Gooch

Here is a mockup of the car before primer

mockup.jpg

I put the first coat of primer on the monocoque to see how much filling I might have to do in order to get rid of that seam

primer.jpg

Thanks for looking comments welcome.

I finished painting the engine and under-tray

engine.jpg

I managed to get a few coats of Tamiya Fine white primer on the body needs some wet sanding and maybe another coat or two. You can see that seem is now gone.

white-primer.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hi Guy's

I was able to make a bit more progress today have time off from work. So I made the photo etch seat belts there from Hobby Design.

I used embossing powder on the seat sprayed gray primer then dusted it with the powder then painted TS-46 light sand over top

seat.jpg

Thanks for looking and the comments

Hi Guy's

I was able to make a bit more progress today have time off from work. So I made the photo etch seat belts there from Hobby Design.

I used embossing powder on the seat sprayed gray primer then dusted it with the powder then painted TS-46 light sand over top

seat.jpg

Thanks for looking and the comments

Great seat!! You do very good work.

Thanks for the comments i appreciate it.

Made a little progress got a few coats of Tamiya white primer just a little more wet sanding and I will be ready for paint in a day or two.

white-primer.jpg

I also added some photo etch parts to the front wing for some extra detail as seen in my reference photo.

front-wing.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Dave

Another update I installed the suspension and turbo's on to the engine. I painted the body parts Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red using my airbrush. I will let it cure for a few days then start the decals.

engine_2.jpg

paintedbody.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 1 month later...

Finished this one up over the weekend pretty much out of box build not the greatest kit some fit problems but fun to build The paint was Tamiya TS-8 italian red I added photo etched rivets to the chassis, crazy modeler photo etched seat belt hardware, and the emergency cable in he roll bar.

Finished_5.jpg

Finished_1.jpg

Finished_4.jpg

Finished_3.jpg

Finished_2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave, for a not-so great kit, the finished model looks fantastic! You did a great job on the paint application and it looks to be an easy award winner at top level contests, if that were something you were aiming at. Kudos. :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:

Really nice job. I like your seat. I also use Tamiyas TS-8 on my Ferrari projects. Those paints go on so smooth. I haven't found anything that comes close!

Chris