Monogram F7F-3 Tigercat

JeffS

Here is the very old Monogram F7F-3 Tigercat in 1/72 scale. Built OOB for the Summertime Blitzbau over on the Unofficial Airfix Modelers Forum. Total lapsed time of 13 hours.

100_7731.jpg

100_7730.jpg

100_7729.jpg

Old yes, but the kit is one of Monograms best. Bill Koster and company really did their stuff.

Here is the link to the build:

http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=13271

Thanks for looking everyone.

Edited by JeffS

That's pretty slick lookin, even if it was a non-Blitz build. Those wing tip nav lights look quite realistic. Are the kit lights clear parts that you painted clear red and green? If not, how did you get them to look so good? Great job. :smiley20: Model on, Brother of the Sprue.

Saw one of these in the air a few weeks ago at the Camarillo airshow. They had a Grumman cat line up consisting of the Wildcat, Hellcat and Tigercat. The sound of all those big radials really brings on the goosebumps! This is a great kit and you've captured the beastly beauty of this warbird very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Thanks everyone.

Chris: The Kalamazoo Air Zoo has the entire Cat line. Wildcat, Hellcat, Bearcat, Tigercat and Tomcat. They all flew once in formation. I have to admit I have not seen the Tigercat or Bearcat there in a while. Maybe in restoration.

Edited by JeffS

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to build mine someday soon. Got Quickboost engines and cowlings (they come as a set) and will likely arrange for alternative ordnance under the wings and belly.