Box Art Gallery additions

Dick Montgomery

12 new Box Art images have just been added to the Monogram Box Art Album. You can view this and many other Box Art Albums by visiting the Galleries page. A button on the IPMS home page will take you to the Galleries menu.

You are also encouraged to contribute box art images to the gallery. Please contact Dick Montgomery at ipmspresident@ipmsusa.org for more information on how to contribute images.

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...

30 new images have been loaded into the Box Art Gallery,thanks to a contribution by Chris Graeter. Thanks Chris!

30 new images have been loaded into the Box Art Gallery,thanks to a contribution by Chris Graeter. Thanks Chris!

Chris also provided about 48 armor box art pictures as well! SHould hopefully have the last of the figures and accessories uploaded this PM!

This was a great tool for me. By taking photos of all my box art, both from past built kits and current kits in my stash it allowed me to go thru the stash and organize it. Really found out what I had and didn't have. The best part was I was able to help build the box art gallery here at IPMS. So if you have the time , please do the same.

Thanks,

Chris Graeter

Please let me follow up on Chris' comment about the usefulness of box art images. Not only will you find it very helpful to have these images as a reference to what is in your stash, but when you contribute those images tjhe the Box Art Archive you are sharing them with the world modeling community.

It would be very helpful if you were to name your files with some particular information. Doing so allows the viewer to "search" by stock # (item #)

We suggest the following format

Some examples

P-51.Monogram.PA-048.48th (Its a P-51 by Monogram, item # is PA-048 and its a 1/48th scale model)

When shooting your pic please try to avoid flash photography, the reflection of the flash sometimes kills the usefulness of the image.

Try to center the lens above the box top. Having the lens anywhere other than "center" and aimed at right angles to the box surface will cause keystoning.....( a rectangle is no longer squared up)

Crop your pics if you can, if not then don't worry about it.

Contact either Mark Aldrich or myself when you wish to make a contribution. We have a mentod that allows you to send 100s of images without resorting to email or snail mail. It's quick and easy!

Again, thanks to Chris and all other contributors!

• 3 weeks later...

About 80 new images were added to the Box Art Archive today. These images came from kits collected at the IPMS Donation Station set up at the CALMEX event hosted by IPMS SWAMP on Saturday, Jan 29th. Those items will be delivered to the Brooke Army Med. Ctr. in San Antonio, TX as part of the IPMS Support the Troops program. It's interesting to note that the total number of items received through the Donation Station exceeded the number of folks who entered the contest! That shows a tremendous level of individual support for this IPMS program by the modelers who attended the event in Sulphur, LA. Thanks to IPMS Houston Area Modelers Society, IPMS SWAMP (the host Chapter), Gator's Mask, and John' Models for their donations. This was the 25th Anniversary of CALMEX and congratulations to IPMS SWAMP for a job well done!

• 4 weeks later...

A little over 100 images have been added to the Box Art Gallery recently. Two new albums were created for the display of box art from manufacturers not previously included in the Gallery. Those albums are for kits made by Condor and Collection Hobby Kit. If you have products by either of these manufactures pleease consider contributing a Box Art image to the Gallery. Contact me for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

A new set of Box Art images have been added. A number of these images are of model subjects not previously represented in the Box Art Album. There are now new albums for the BK-117, BO-105, Ch-146 Griffon, EC-135 (Helo), EC-145, MH-47, and the Mi-8.