Hasegawa Egg Planes??

llcoolray

Hostely, from my experience - HLJ is probably your best bet.

I see them at shows from time to time, but not often. eBay is a good back up, but the prices there can be high for some of the items.

Check out the current listings for them at HLJ, and even with the shipping costs, and the Yen exchange rate - they are likely to be your cheapese and best source.

It really depends upon what series you want. The old series that came with a base are only available on the secondary market such as eBay. and are priced according to rarity. Your best bet for the new or reissues is definitely HLJ. I have been dealing with them for years and have always been pleased with their prices and service. Best thing to do with them is to order several at a time since the postage charge is better on larger amounts. Great fun to build. If you have the time you might google "egg plane". There are a ton of images. Always bring a smile to my face. :smiley20:

Eggthusiast Dudes,

- FWIW, these are examples of some of Hasegawa's first issue Egg-planes:

100_8821.jpg

Many of them were re-boxed with the little diorama scenes that Pete is referring to.

These are some of what I refer to as their 2nd Generation releases:

100_8822.jpg

And these are what I refer to as their 3rd generation releases. As near as I can tell, these are all new tooling:

100_8827.jpg

Some folks, (particularly some of the Japanese sites/blogs) sometimes refer to these as "Deforms". The "Deforms" reference is mainly aimed at non-egg shape caricatures, like many of the Gundams that are on the market. Don't have any boxes at the moment, but these are my wife's renditions of a few of them:

100_8831.jpg

100_8833.jpg

These are her favorite models to work on. She has no interest in those wingy-thingies or those treaded things.

If you wanna step out of the classic "Egg" shapes, these were issued by Bandai in the 80's:

100_8816.jpg

These IPT Eggocentrics were issued around the 80's or 90's:

100_8825.jpg

And here are a few samples of what I wiped up in the late 80's:

100_8819.jpg

100_8820.jpg

100_8824.jpg

Of course, since I am a huge bike model fan, I hav-ta throw in these ARII "Deform" samples:

100_8828.jpg

And these Bandai and Fuman issues:

100_8826.jpg

Here are a few misc snaps:

100_8830.jpg

100_8829.jpg

- Thought that you (or anyone else) might like to see what else has been available. Many of the generic Hasegawa ones are still obtainable from evilbay as are the Mitsawa cars. HLJ has the latest issues only, but my experience with HLJ has ALWAYS been positive. Just be prepared to chose (on the occasional chance) if you want them to hold on shipping the entire order until all items are in their possession, or possibly a partial shipment (with charging only for what they ship and charging again later when they ship the remainder). They have done this to me in the past. It has been a while since my last order and maybe they have improvide this aspect.

For your viewing entertainment, this guy has some pretty funny stuff:

EggstremeMachines

Hope you enjoy it all. Model on, Brothers of the Eggcentric-Sprue. :smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater

LMAO , those were wonderful . and i would love to build a few of those myself .

i do have a couple of them.

P-40 and P-51

When i came onto these little items i tossed em into my sales and trades boxes. and didn't think much on them

but over the last few years i have grown to like these little items.

still have them for sale or trade . as i would love to find Modern craft instead of the WW-11 kits i have.

Kev

Nice collection Ken!

FYI: There were some of the kits issued under the HAWK logo (or something like that) before they were issued by Hasegawa. The Zero I built was under that logo. If I can find the box (not sure if I still have it) I'll post a photo.

There was also a reissue with a slightly different box than the ones shown - Hasegawa had popped these out at least 3 times that I know of. Thankfully they are adding a few more to the collection.

Nice collection Ken!

FYI: There were some of the kits issued under the HAWK logo (or something like that) before they were issued by Hasegawa. The Zero I built was under that logo. If I can find the box (not sure if I still have it) I'll post a photo.

There was also a reissue with a slightly different box than the ones shown - Hasegawa had popped these out at least 3 times that I know of. Thankfully they are adding a few more to the collection.

Hey Tim,

- Thanks for the compliment. I know that I haven't done complete justice to the entire Hasegawa line up. I do recall that you're certainly right about numerous re-issues of these kits. I am very intrigued about the Hawk logo issues you mentioned and I hope you can post a pic of one. I have no recollection of them at all. And I am glad that Hasegawa has issued a few new ones too. The P-51 is my favorite. I'll keep my eyes open for any signs of the Hawk boxes and look forward to a possible posting from you. Model on, Egg-inators of the Sprue. :smiley4::smiley20:

• 3 weeks later...

Ken- Very nice history. I thought I would add a bit more to it. A friend of mine recently found the attached sales brochure for the original import of the egg planes. It goes back to 1976, which is the earliest evidence I can find for these little cuties. I have all the models(not originals, but reissues) except the Stuka. I have never seen one! Any body out there have one or know where of any one that might be willing to part with one?

Eggplanepage1.jpg

Eggplanepage2.jpg

Eggplanepage3.jpg

Eggplanepage4.jpg

These pics are great. While I am now recalling having seen one or two of these kits years ago, I do not believe I have ever seen your samples. It looks like every one of the kits they list, were at one time or another issued under a Hasegawa box top, Eggcept.......the Stuka. Never new there was one. Even after collecting these Eggstraordinarily unique kits for three plus decades. Besides the Stuka and any other unknowns, I believe I have all the aircraft. I know I don't even have half of the bikes that were issued and I only have a smidgen of the autos available. Guess I gotta keep watchin the Evil-bay.

Thanks for posting these pics, Peter. Model on, Egg-inator of the Sprue. :smiley20::smiley4:

Ken,

As soon as I saw the pics I ran evil bay and got zip. I ran a websearch and got zip also. Best of luck to you!!

:smiley20:

I have a perminent search on eBay and have not come up with anything in 4 months. I really don't know if any of them exist. With all of us looking on ebay, if one comes up, I can see us biding like crazy people against each other :smiley12: I would really like to find one. I actually made the mistake a couple of years ago, and build a P-38 in the original box. Oh, well, models should be built, not collected.

Thanks Pete!

Those are the boxes I was looking for. They are harder to find, but the Zero I built was a Hawk box (I see now it was Kitty Hawk!) I must have recycled the box, as I cannot find it here - although I do have a few more piles to sort through.

These DO actually exist, it just that they are getting harder to find. I think it was the very first release of the Egg Planes, so it's going back a while. My favorite thing is the scale listed: Grade A Jumbo!

Before a friend moved and sold most of his collection, he had quite a few of these in this boxing. I'll keep my eyes open at the shows - you never know what will turn up there!

Thanks again!

Tim