Chisholm Clan Warrior

ewahl

My wife is a product of the Chisholm clan of Scotland. She has a tartan that is unique to her clan. I've never tried hand painting a tartan before, so I decided to give it a go. The figure is a DES Kit--all yellow resin pieces except for the cables and clear LED lens I cut off and used for the focusing lens on the shoulder cannon. I figure about eight generations into the future (the first two are already alive) there will be a Chisholm clan warrior like this wearing her tartan colors into battle.

ChisholmWarrior1.jpg

ChisholmWarrior2.jpg

ChisholmWarrior3.jpg

ChisholmWarrior4.jpg

ChisholmWarrior5.jpg

ChisholmWarrior6.jpg

ChisholmWarrior7.jpg

The remaining shots are close-ups to check out all the combat gear this girl packs around. I used many small decal markings from an F-15 data sheet to dress up the equipment and shoulder cannon. Her heads-up displays are visible from the outside of her visor.

ChisholmWarrior8.jpg

ChisholmWarrior9.jpg

ChisholmWarrior10.jpg

ChisholmWarrior11.jpg

Needless to say, the sculpting and casting on this figure were excellent. The level of detail was amazing, but the directions for assembling them all were lousy.

Ed

Woof! I definitely agree with Raymond on the excellent concept and execution. I'm dyin' to know what the image was that was deleted by photobucket. IMHO this entire piece is PG enough, with a dash of risque to make it intriging. Again, suberb execution. :smiley20:

Gentlemen, thanks for your nice comments. I suppose I should feel honored in some egotistic way that Photobucket has either a live censor or a computerized one that thought a small painted figurine was so realistic as to be confused with a real human body. I have never seen a violation notice from Photobucket before, so this was something new for me. As for the subject matter deleted, it was simply a closer-in photo of the second image in the series of surround shots at the beginning, which you can easily see by clicking on that photo and enlarging it. So what's the fuss? Young women today show more skin and wear less to the beach, unless you are a celebrity and wear nothing on an airplane. :o :smiley9:

Ed