The new Airfix Mig 15 Or.............

JeffS

Why you should give Airfix another looksee.

000_0544.jpg

000_0547.jpg

000_0551.jpg

000_0552.jpg

The kit was built with few additions and finished with Floquil Old Silver. To obtain the different shades to the panels, a little Model Master darker metalizer colors were added to the orginal color. The left inner wing fence was filed down in the center. This facilitated a view for the pilot to see the landing gear and flap indicators on the wing which I added. Kit decals were used and they include many stencil/data pieces. They went on very nicely. The National Insignia however came from an very old ESCI sheet. The red lightning bolts (which were on the decal sheet) were modified a little for use. They represent an excellent unit type award.

Thanks everyone for looking

Very nice job. I agree that the new Airfix kits are very nice. I have heard that this particular kit is an update of their old MiG-15 and there were rumblings about its shape. I'd love to know more.

Magnificnet MiG Jeff! The NMF looks just right to me.The Russian stuff always seemed to have a flatter, steelier look to their NMFs; as opposed to the brighter aluminum look on American planes. Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16: