Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder

Wildcat

Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder from Fujimi. Hood from Fujimi is a catastrophe! Sink marks for every brace underneath. Have laid on 3 or 4 coats of Mr. Surfacer to build it up. Hard to believe something like this came from Fujimi.

365gts_ip1%20003.JPG

365gts_ip1%20001.JPG

365gts_ip1%20002.JPG

Did you spray on the Mr. Surfacer over the whole model? Or did you just apply it locally from a bottle onto the sink areas? I know well the sanding required to fill out unwanted depressions.

Ed

Did you spray on the Mr. Surfacer over the whole model? Or did you just apply it locally from a bottle onto the sink areas? I know well the sanding required to fill out unwanted depressions.

Ed

Since I used lacquer paint I applied a coat of Mr Surfacer to the entire kit. I applied multiple coats to the hood, concentrating on the sink marks until the they were filled.

Nice start. Maybe this one will take you longer than a week (jealousy speaking) My last project went 9 weeks on a glorified snap-tite. I'll be back for all the updates.

Nice photos at your link. I really liked your P330.

Three of us "Car doods" from the local club met last night for dinner and BS. As soon as I started talking about my Ferrari 365 GTS they both chimed in with "Are you going to wire it?" So I was shamed into some detailing. Progress so far on one side of the engine.

365gts_ip3%20001.JPG

More progress on Fujimi Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder. Used decal stripes to do the "Daytona Piping" on the seats / door panels. Finished the other side of the engine wiring.

365gts_ip4%20001.JPG

365gts_ip4%20002.JPG

STALLED! This kit has been cursed from the begining. First the hood had huge sink marks. Then the decals turned up missing (it was an ebay purchase). THEN yesterday when I just barely touched the windscreen it split dead down the middle. Have sent emails to Dragon USA and HLJ to see if the clear sprue can be purchased separately.

Really got me down because this one was coming together nicely. "Case A Rot, Case A Rot"

365gts_ip5%20003.JPG

365gts_ip5%20001.JPG

365gts_ip5%20002.JPG

Edited by Wildcat

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Fujimi 1/24 Ferrari 365GST/4 Daytona Spyder. Many thanks to a fellow club member for giving me the windscreen from one of the kits in his stash until HLJ comes thru with replacement for the one I cracked. To me, one of the most beautiful Ferraris. Added wiring to the engine bay.

365gts%20004.JPG

365gts%20003.JPG

365gts%20006.JPG

365gts%20007.JPG

More here:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/autos/365gts_ms.htm

Hi, Michael,

Your Ferrari, despite all attempts to frustrate you, came off as an outstanding replica. The body color and chrome wire wheels really set the model on a pedestal. I had wire wheels on my GT-40, and they are horrible to clean up when they get dirty on the road. Plan on spending several hours crawling on the ground as you shine up each wire spoke and then the hub and rim. I love the look on models, however.

Ed

Beautiful! But than how can a Ferrari be anything else. great job.