I feel like a fool.

Mark Deliduka

My apologies people. All this time I've been saying that I've finished over 670 small scale armor models.

Well, this past Friday, I and a fellow AMPS club member got together to get pictures for an article we're working on for the AMPS Boresight magazine. The article takes a second look at modeling small scale armor. Since I have so many models as well as kits, we did the photography at my place.

After having taken the pics we needed, we proceeded (with the help of another friend) to bring my entire collection of finished small scale armor down to my carport and set it all up on a group of tables. There we proceeded to take several huge group pictures of my entire collection all together in one place for the first time ever.

While all my tanks and vehicles were laid out, we counted them too. Therein lies the reason for my apology.

The final count for all my small scale armor is only 545 models finished; including the latest four I posted recently, not the 670+ I'd been claiming before. Yes, I've been slacking and making myself sound more productive than I have been.

I do hope you all can still accept me here despite my slacking off.... :smiley18::smiley9:

Oh, and one more thing: I can't post any of the pics yet until after the Boresight issue is published. Once that's happened, I'll flood these boards with links to some HUGE photos showing everything! :smiley20:

Time to get back to the bench.....

SOOOOOOOO Your a 125+ short. Well in that case as punishment for your crime of fibbing. You must have 200 models built by the time the Article comes out. Good luck, you better get movin. SLACKER!! :smiley15:

SIR, YES SIR!! ON IT SIR! :smiley17:

Thanks Chris. I needed help myself to count that high. :smiley9:

Once you pass 500, I'm sure the "fudge factor" kicks in...I don't think I even know anyone else that's built THAT many models... :D :D :D

Edited by Keith Pruitt

Hmmmm....let's see.......you have more small scale armor built (alone) than my entire stash (@250) and built (@130) combined! :smiley32:

Never apologize Mister! It's a sign of modeling weakness! And you call yourself the "Duke"..... :smiley24:

GIL :smiley16:

Hi, Mark,

You have ... choke ... coff ... gasp ... only 545 small scale armor models built? I have zero (unless the old Revell Nike Hercules counts, and that's not in 1/72 scale). :smiley5:

Ed

Keith, thanks. I'll try not to fudge anything more though.

Gil,. thanks. Okay, no more apologies. And, yes, I am the Duke. If I had over 1000 small scale armor models, I think I'd be the King! :smiley20::smiley2:

Ed, you probably pass me in aircraft. Thanks for the great comment!

Ahhh...the "ground truth" at last. Maybe the lost vehicles were hidden from overhead imagery by the trees, and they had to estimate.

Good point! Once they went into the main motorpool everything was easier to count. LOL! Thanks Von!

• 8 months later...

545? I've been in hobby shops that didn't have that many. And I thought my 50 kits was a lot. Good going, Duke.