Workbench Saturdays!!!!

llcoolray

Hey, We need top start having rated R listing for super scarey monster pictures!!!!! I am going to have nightmares tonight! Excellent paint work!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(What does "PAK" mean anyway?)

As earlier stated PaK is an abbreviation of "Panzer Abwehr Kannon" or "Tank defense cannon" The German's called the PaK 35 and 36 the Heeresanklopfgerät which translates roughly to "Army door knocker" since they were too small to use against much of anything the Russians had.

Thanks for the comments fellas!! I threw him on a simple little base today because he's top heavy and kept falling over. Painted a spray paint cap, drilled a hole in it, attached him to it. Instant, cheap, simple base.

DSC05654.jpg

Thanks again for the comments, Ray

Army door knocker! That's just about right! I'm working on some figures for this item today and thinking about what I can add as "armor-clutter" around the gun. A friend suggested some casings for spent rounds and I think I've got a way to do that. Anyway, it's a fun little project.

And I was just admiring the figs of Minnie Mouse, the zombie (of course its green!) and the little bust.. Nicely done all the way around!

(What does "PAK" mean anyway?)

As earlier stated PaK is an abbreviation of "Panzer Abwehr Kannon" or "Tank defense cannon" The German's called the PaK 35 and 36 the Heeresanklopfgerät which translates roughly to "Army door knocker" since they were too small to use against much of anything the Russians had.

The 3.7Cm is finished with the addition of some equipment to the figures and some bits 'o stuff laying on the ground around the gunners.

37CmAntitankGunPak3536TamiyaMM13525035thSideView.jpg

37CmAntitankGunPak3536TamiyaMM13525035thFrtView.jpg

37CmAntitankGunPak3536TamiyaMM13525035thBackView.jpg

Looks Great. Wish could have finished something this weekend. I need to start building more OOTB kits.....Oh wait. No one makes OOTB kits for the IDF!!!! Guess I'm hosed!! Did get alot done on the M1. Pioneer tools added, spare track shoes added, lights added, rear light guard added. Those were a pain and look way too large.

I've been working on/off on the La-5n for a few months and in the last few days got on a roll and finished it. Nice way to celebrate the 4th of July.

This is a 48th kit.

LA5FNZevzda480148thRightTopView.jpg

LA5FNZevzda480148thLeftTopView.jpg

LA5FNZevzda480148thFrontView.jpg

Along with the La-5n shown previously I've been working on a Minicraft MD-80 in 1/144th scale. I didn't realize that I was as far along on it as I was. I applied about half of the decals yesterday and then finished it up just an hour or so ago. Two completions within 24 hours is a bit unusual for me and I can guarantee that the next one will not be completed tomorrow!

MD80USAirlinesMinicraft14493144thRightSide.jpg

MD80USAirlinesMinicraft14493144thLeftSide.jpg

....... and I can guarantee that the next one will not be completed tomorrow!

- I.....do-know, Dick. Leaving us high-and -dry for a day without completing another model leaves us out in the cold. And just who do you think you are???......Mark Deliduka? With all this prolific building. Mark better get it in gear. If you haven't passed his record by, you're real close. LOL. Superb efforts. Most inspirational. Keep it up and Model on, Brother of the Sprue.

I'm changing subject matter completely on the current "build". Actually, its the MiniArt "Goods Shed" in 35th scale. I'm working up an IPMS review on this item. Those who have built a MiniArt bldg know that the walls are sometimes molded in two pieces, "inside" surface and "outside" surface, which are then glued together along a rather flimsy joint line. I'm cutting 1/2 insulation to fit into the hollow space to provide a little strength and also inserting plastic biscuits along the joint lines so that there is a greater surface area upon which to glue.

Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have about 1/2 of the walls assembled with the other 1/2 finished tomorrow. Then its on to priming and painting! The parts look good and I hope I can get a realistic appearance to the stone and wood surfaces.

We'll see....

As for cranking out models as often as Mark D does.....no way. I can't keep up with that pace. He's the King.

• 5 months later...

This thread went kinda dry, so I will post something to attempt to get it rolling again. It's still a little less than an hour away until it's Saturday on my end but what the heck. I wish I could post more but I really haven't been working on much lately. I finished up the Alpha Centauri spaceship a few days ago. Also worked on the base for a Mr. Hyde kit that I have. Hope you enjoy and remember post whatever your working on every Saturday!!

DSC06077.jpg

DSC06076.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

DSC05827.jpg

DSC05825.jpg

DSC05824.jpg

Here are 3 images of the Lensman Brittania II by Tomy. It's a very old kit, dating back to the mid 80's or beyond.

While the "fuselage" is now complete there are numerous parts which have yet to be attached. There are some "wings" still to be added as well as landing gear, gear doors, and access ladders.Some putty which has yet to be sanded down, is visible along the seam at which the forward and rear fuselage components are joined.

The first image shows the underside of the "fuselage".

Underside.jpg

The next image shows the top surface.

TopofSpacecraft.jpg

Once finished, the model will be mounted on the display base, shown below.

Spacecraft-Mounted-on-Base.jpg