Workbench Saturdays!!!!

llcoolray

It ain't Saturday, but I did buy this kit last Saturday at the SVASM show. I started it yesterday morning, and here it is ready for decals. Hasegawa's 1/48 Bf-109K-4. Gunze-Sangyo (GSI/Creos) acrylics, applied w/an Iwata Custom Micron-B.

IMG_20100921_201202.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturdays????? Who builds on Saturdays???? Saturdays are for "Hunny Do" lists, mowing the lawn (or at least thinking about it), LHS trips....to see what they do and don't have, and couch potatoing. I don't build on Saturdays!!!! HaHa.......Hopefully, there will be a picture update on my Achilles progress as last weekend was the McMinnville show and no building or lawn mowing was accomplished!!!

Mark

Saturdays????? Who builds on Saturdays???? Saturdays are for "Hunny Do" lists, mowing the lawn (or at least thinking about it), LHS trips....to see what they do and don't have, and couch potatoing. I don't build on Saturdays!!!! HaHa.......Hopefully, there will be a picture update on my Achilles progress as last weekend was the McMinnville show and no building or lawn mowing was accomplished!!!

Mark

Ummm... I do, especially on the second Saturday of every month when I'm building my models at St. Crispin's Hobby Day. Sometimes I get more done during Hobby Day than I do in one whole week, and that's saying something!

Thank God I don't have a lawn to mow!

Just discovered this thread so have to play a bit of catch up.

Currently on my bench is a Hasegawa (ex-Mania) 1/48 Ki-27 Nate. Don't ask me why, with dozens of the latest and greatest kits on my shelves, I pulled out this golden oldie, but there it is. :)

I need to take some new pictures as I now have the fuselage together with wings, tail planes, and landing gear attached. Here are a few covering the past few weeks though. Hopefully, tomorrow will see some painting done.

Oh, that's a True Details resin cockpit set being used. I'm also using TD wheels and a Squadron vac-form canopy. Markings will be from the Aeromaster "Eagles of the Rising Sun" set.

Nate_081210004.jpg

Nate_081210002.jpg

Nate_081210003.jpg

090210008.jpg

090210006.jpg

090210005.jpg

090110003.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

This was suposed to be a Nats build, buuuuuutt.... ran outta time and the finish wasn't as slick as I was lookin for. Pulled it back out to get a jump on a Saturday build. Decals are on, waiting for panel wash and additional airbrush effects before flat coat and last touches.

100_8835.jpg

100_8836.jpg

100_8838.jpg

Hope you enjoy it, and lookin forward to what else everybody else is workin on. Model on, Brothers of the Sprue. :smiley20::smiley14:

Hi, Raymond,

Is that a factory blue on your 1970 Dustpan, ... er, Duster?

Story: I had a friend who had a blue one back then who dented his trunk lid outward from the inside. He was driving high-speed for a lap time at night on a sports car rally's special stage, and the special stage was held on a motorcycle club's unlighted TT track with a jump on the back straight. The Dustpan went airborne over the jump, and when it landed the toolbox in the trunk bounced up and put a big dome dent in his trunk lid. There was quite a crash sound in the car as the toolbox came down again. Despite all that, he didn't win the special stage, which was won by a Corvette who raced to the jump, jammed on the brakes and creepy-creepied over the jump, and then floored it again for the rest of the lap. We were using photocells and a 1/1000-th second digital timer.

Ed

Nope, its just a Teal Pearl over a gray primer so it's a darker shade. Been painted for years, I have been feeling the need to go through my stash and try and get some of the further along projects finally finished and on the shelf. It's been just been fun building and virtually stress free.

Cool story by the way too. :smiley20:

Great photos guys. Great to see so much building going on. I also managed to get a few things done on a number of models. I'll try to get pics up later today or tomorrow. They'll be in my "Maddog Manufacturing" Thread.

Here is a shot of my recently completed German "223" armour car in progress. If you go to the Armour forum I have posted photos of the completed build.

080710003.jpg

Forgot about this thread and wanted to add my two cent. Thanks everyone. Keep this thread going. I love seeing all the different builds in progress.

Chris

Two review projects on my bench right now both Revell reissues:

1/24 Kurtis Kraft racer-painted and decaled

1/48 "Blue Angels" A 4 Skyhawk - in paint shop

At least six others in various stages but limited time (high school football) is keeping me focused on these two.

This is SkillCraft's Human Skeleton, a 14" anatomical model--I think another company issues this now. I'm about to put the 2 halves of the rib cage together, with medium cyan. The bones seem sterile to me, & I'm wondering if there is a way to "weather" them a little.

FullPreCageBettrLite.jpg

post-1431-1286073987_thumb.jpg

post-1431-1286074291_thumb.jpg

post-1431-1286074307_thumb.jpg

Edited by bradco

Here's a little kit (literally!) from a Japanese TV series from the '80's. My records indicate I bought this kit in 1984. The base is covered with a thick layer of Play Sand applied in the usual "model railroader" scenic technique.

DiskhoundNitto30091000001.jpg

And another view taken from behind:

DiskhoundNitto30091000002.jpg

Please remember that when you finish a project you are invited to send images and a write-up to Larry Randel, IPMS Sec and Associate Webmaster for the Member's Gallery. Larry will get your images and write-up posted in the Member's Gallery.

I like the skeleton, where did ya get that?

It's been sittin' in my closet so long, have no idea where I got it. I do notice that Skillcraft no longer puts this out. In fact, I recently saw that Lindberg had a human skeleton, similar scale. I felt that it wasn't up to the quality of this Skillcraft.

Here's a little kit (literally!) from a Japanese TV series from the '80's. My records indicate I bought this kit in 1984. The base is covered with a thick layer of Play Sand applied in the usual "model railroader" scenic technique.

DiskhoundNitto30091000001.jpg

And another view taken from behind:

DiskhoundNitto30091000002.jpg

Please remember that when you finish a project you are invited to send images and a write-up to Larry Randel, IPMS Sec and Associate Webmaster for the Member's Gallery. Larry will get your images and write-up posted in the Member's Gallery.

Hi Dick, is there a step to getting the pics to display full? Maybe you're using the URL insert function. I uploaded the skeleton (above) from my hard drive & it displayed reduced by 85% (thumbnail).

Brad,

If you use photobucket or some other website, they show up pretty good. Check out my Achilles build in the Armor section.

Mark

Brad,

If you use photobucket or some other website, they show up pretty good. Check out my Achilles build in the Armor section.

Mark

Yes, I have box.net & Picasa- I'll look at those. Nice Achilles shots ! Thanks

Edited by bradco