Workbench Saturdays!!!!

llcoolray

On another forum I frequent this is a very popular thread. Just post what you are working on every Saturday. Hope everyone wants to participate. Simple concept, lots of fun, so let me kick it off!

Volvoe Estate 850 Wagon BTCC (British Tour Car Championships)

DSC04073.jpg

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my very cluttered workbench 9/11/10...

M551Sheridanpic772.jpeg

"Hard Core 7" - a Jaguar Models M551 Sheridan AR/AAV I've been working on, on and off, for years. It fights me all of the way. Last month, while fitting it for its display base, I actually dropped it off the workbench. It performed a graceful, slow-motion, swan dive and landed upside-down on the floor. A bit dismayed, a bit bemused - I set out to put it back together. I'm back at it again, sizing it up for adding the Crew and eventually some Infantry riders...

M1A2ISEPTUSKIpic.jpeg

I recently began working on an M1A2 Abrams ISEP TUSK I Main Battle Tank, commissioned to appear "factory-fresh" and in tri-color "NATOflage". I'm using Dragon Models' #3536 as the base around this project...

Edited by JimLewis

I am working on these two kits their both Tameo 1/43 scale Formula 1 cars

The blue one is a Ligier JS43 which is all most done need another coat of clear the other is a Jordan 191 which I have to polish and clear a few more times

jordan_liegi.jpg

Those look sweet Dave! Are they plastic, resin, or metal bodies?

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil I appreciate it there all metal there great kits I really enjoy work on them.

These are all way behind builds, to be sent over to Telford for SMW, for SIG displays.

- Hasegawa 1/72 B-24D as Liberator GR.V

- Airfix 1/72 Sunderland

- Matchbox 1/72 Heyford

- Revell 1/72 DH-2

- Airfix HO/OO Meat Wagon

- Airfix HO/OO Brake Van

- and one more which hasn't made bench status

These are way behind IPMS reviews

- Pavla 1/72 Lysander

- WNW 32 RNAS Pup

These are all awesome! Great to see so much.

In addition to all I have been working on (as shown in my Maddog manufacturing Thread) and the two French armored cars I started, I had also started a third model: Trumpeter's LAV/AT vehicle for my Marine Corps.

Now we're talkin! Gooch those F1 cars are awesome! Where can I get my hands on some of those?

Thanks a lot I buy all my kits from Mac's Modeling He is great to deal with and if he doesn't have it he can order what you want. Here a link to the manufactures website you can see all the different kits they make Tameo

Edited by Gooch

I've got a 1/144 Fletcher, a Lindber Minesweeper, a Verlinden Coast Artillery piece that I've got going. Probably get the Coast Artillery piece off first (It's a freebee for a Museum). The other two will be backlogged in November as I've committed to build a 1/200 Arizona for one of the club members. It's going to be a long year. I never seem to have the time and ambition together so I can work on anything. Hopefully, the rainy season will change all of that.

Lessee...

- Pyro/Lindberg 1/200-ish Brig-of-War, with many scratch bits. This one's been in the yards for a few years, but it's getting close.

- 1/144 B-52H (Revell) to join Mr. TOAD KC-135A (also Revell) on alert; about 50% done.

- MSW Phantom Pilot Boat...see "several years" above, as in "35". I think the scale is about 1/48.

And - I actually did *finish* something - !!! That would be the Valiant Miniatures Mermaid (approx. 54mm), for my lovely bride. Yeah, I should proll'y post some pix of that.

"We will finish no kit before its time."

Here's what I've got working on my bench....

A Tamiya 1:48 Sherman Firefly. I'm adding brass details to the basic kit.

58768_470724966809_742286809_6665758_4112644_n.jpg

and a 1:72 Sd.Kfz. 251/2 Ausf.D mit Wurfrahmen 40 rocket launchers. A nice kit with lots of detail. Is taking a long time and mucho patience to get this one headed toward the primer!

59332_470724991809_742286809_6665759_3987366_n.jpg

I have several projects going on. One of them is this German 223 armoured car. I actually have it built and in the process of weatering and adding detail to it right now. I will post photos of it on the armour forum later when complete. As far as the other projects I have a build log going on the armour forum for that also. it is the Tiger-I build log. Two other kits going T-55 and a diorama with a T-34. Those two are taking a back burner for now.

modelpictures036.jpg

Here's what I've got working on my bench....

A Tamiya 1:48 Sherman Firefly. I'm adding brass details to the basic kit.

58768_470724966809_742286809_6665758_4112644_n.jpg

and a 1:72 Sd.Kfz. 251/2 Ausf.D mit Wurfrahmen 40 rocket launchers. A nice kit with lots of detail. Is taking a long time and mucho patience to get this one headed toward the primer!

59332_470724991809_742286809_6665759_3987366_n.jpg

Looking good Dennis! I built that little Sdkfz 251 mysefl some time back, along with her sister the Ausf C version. I even have one with the steel crates in the stash, been hesitant to start it so far. Those P/E rocket boxes are intimidating!

Keep plugging Dennis and Chris! You guys are doing awesome!