New Reviews web site is online

Eric Aitala

Hi Folks,

The new IPMS/USA Reviews web site is now up and running. Currently there are about 12 new reviews on the site and more will be added soon.

We wanted everyone to take a look at it - I have a few more features that I will be adding in based on a few suggestions but they can wait for the moment.

I'd like to thank Patti Walden for taking over the role of assistant webmaster and editor of the site. She's done an excellent job getting the new reviews in this past week or so. I will be updating her info on the EBoard / Web Team page tonight. I'd also like to thank Jim Pearsall, Perry Downen, Rob Folden, Jack Wade, and David Goudie for volunteering to be the guinea pigs on testing the site and who will also be adding new reviews.

If anyone has any suggestions, spots any bugs, or has comments, please post them here.

The site is located at: http://web.ipmsusa3.org

Thanks,

Eric Aitala

I'm hoping I can flesh out the indexing a little, but given that the site wide search works pretty well, I think most folks will take advantage of that.

Eric

Nice work. Much more efficient organization.

john

It looks great! One difficulty I have: The screen page is too wide for my monitor's screen. I have to scroll left/right to read every line of text and view each picture. That will be time-consuming and annoying as I try to read posted reviews. Is there something I have to do at my end to correct the image size to fit my monitor?

Ed

The width is something I need to look at... but from looking at our Google Analytics stats, I would say that 80% of the Forum visitors have screen resolutions over 800x600. I may see about having an alternative theme...

E

Eric

It looks great! One difficulty I have: The screen page is too wide for my monitor's screen. I have to scroll left/right to read every line of text and view each picture. That will be time-consuming and annoying as I try to read posted reviews. Is there something I have to do at my end to correct the image size to fit my monitor?

Ed

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except that it was OBVOUSLY set up to please all the AIRPLANE guys again! Us treadheads NEVER get a break! Keep up the Great work Eric and many thanks!!!!

Mark

:smiley20::smiley20:

If anyone has any suggestions, spots any bugs, or has comments, please post them here.

Only one right now Eric...I looks GREAT! A huge improvement in look and style. It gives a great impression of IPMS getting current. Nice Job!

Except that it was OBVOUSLY set up to please all the AIRPLANE guys again! Us treadheads NEVER get a break!

Next time I see you, you better be wearing plaid pants...and I'll just call you Rodney...you get no respect! :smiley19:

Mike

ERIC,

You absolutely effin ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! The link to a review actually goes to THAT review instead of the review page and having to find a review!!!!! IS there a plan to redo the old ones the same way?

Mark

Now that the new space is built - we even have a 'secret' testing version of the site - I am going to see if I can import the old reviews into the new site. I am not sure this is possible, but the way John R redid the HTML template for the reviews was pretty smart and may allow for an automated import. I think we'd probably have to re-insert the images by hand, but just getting the text in would be really useful.

Eric

ERIC,

You absolutely effin ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! The link to a review actually goes to THAT review instead of the review page and having to find a review!!!!! IS there a plan to redo the old ones the same way?

Mark