Aircraft Walk Arounds

Mark Aldrich

Wingy Thingy Fellows,

Thanks to yours truly(I took the pics) and Mike Lindsey(He posted them) there are now four new aircraft (Su-7, Mig-17, Mig-21, and Mig-29) walk arounds!

TreadHead

- Mark, from one Wingy Thingy nut job to a fellow TreadHead of the plastic craft, these new postings are awesome. Many thanks to you for getting 'em and to Mike for posting 'em. :smiley20:

- I am especially interested in the MiG-29. It is marked as the last MiG-29 that flew in East German diamond markings (to be Re-marked in West German cross markings) as Germany celebrated their Re-unification, or something like that. My question to you, was there any signage (besides the one pic you did get that covers the description of the general MiG-29) or some curator there that could confirm if this aircraft is, in fact, THEE commemorative aircraft? Or is it a replica paint scheme? (Yeah, I know this may be a lot to be asking a TreadHead, but ya gotta jump in at some point, :smiley8: Hee hee). :smiley4:

Edited by Weedeater

Ken,

I have to say no on getting you info. The photos were taken enroute to Phoenix and our stop at Nellis. I don't even remember what building it was parked in front of, just that it was close to the airplane monuments they have there. Terribly sorry about that.

Mark

Ken........... I don't even remember what building it was parked in front of, just that it was close to the airplane monuments they have there..........

Mark

:( :blink: Dam TreadHeads. We gotta get yer mind re-conditioned to the lighter side of modeling. LOL. Seriously though, thanks for making the enormous effort to get the pics and then posting 'em. :smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater

We stopped at Nellis because the better half loves jets! The cool part was they had a good selection of armor out side the agressor area. If we ever do it again, I will try and make plans to get a tour of the inide fenced in area as well.