New Armor Walk Arounds

Mark Aldrich

Fellow TreadHeads,

Thanks to yours truly(I took the pics) and Mike Lindsey(He posted them) there are now five new armor(M3, M47, T54, T62, T72) walk arounds and three MISC(Sam2, SA3, and ZU-23-4) walk arounds!

Mark

What am I doing wrong? I can't find either the new armor or aircraft galleries you're posting about Mark.

Mike

Armor is here - http://ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/walkarounds/armor/

Misc is here - http://ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/walkarounds/misc/

I wonder if we need to sort the galleries in reverse chronological order?

Whoops forgot about the 'View Latest Update ' link - http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/updates?g2_albumId=7 - its on the main gallery page above the Random Image.

Eric

What am I doing wrong? I can't find either the new armor or aircraft galleries you're posting about Mark.

Mike

- FWIW, all three links are working on my end. Thanks to all that were involved with getting these images and then posting them. You guyz ROCK! :smiley20::smiley20:

- Even more so, I had known previously about the walk around galleries for a while now, but never took the time to visit them. Now that I have seen them, I'm wondering what kept me from looking at them sooner. They are awesome. I especially love the display presentation of the M47 lifted up asymmetrically on those cement bases.

- Mark, (or anyone else) on the M45C2 quad .50's ammo drums, I had always thought that the entire drum (box bottom, half circled top) was filled with ammo. Looking closer at them in these pics, it looks like the top half is an internal wheeled feeding affair and maybe the bottom half is used to catch the expended cartridges. Which is correct?

Edited by Weedeater

Ken,

If memory serves, the bottom half held the ammo and the half moon was the feeder device!

Mike,

Did ya figure it out??????

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Mike,

Did ya figure it out??????

Mark

Annoyingly, no. I can get to them with the links Eric posted above, but when I try to get to them by clicking on the Galleries button on the home page I can't find them.

My wife is clearly right, I'm an idiot.

Mike

Are you going through the 'New Gallery' link or the older set of 'Original Galleries' links?

The Original Galleries will 'go away' once we move everything to the new space.. which is gonna take a while.

E

[EDIT: I just did a quick edit of the web page to add direct links to the sub galleries...]

Annoyingly, no. I can get to them with the links Eric posted above, but when I try to get to them by clicking on the Galleries button on the home page I can't find them.

My wife is clearly right, I'm an idiot.

Mike

......My wife is clearly right, I'm an idiot.

Mike

Awwwww......now, now Mike, don't be so hard on yourself. We still think there is some intelligence there. Not sure how much, but at least some :smiley4::smiley15: . Model on, Oh tolerant Brother of the Sprue.

Edited by Weedeater

Are you going through the 'New Gallery' link or the older set of 'Original Galleries' links?

The Original Galleries will 'go away' once we move everything to the new space.. which is gonna take a while.

E

[EDIT: I just did a quick edit of the web page to add direct links to the sub galleries...]

I was apparently going through the "old galleries" and clicking on "walkarounds". My gracious friend Mr Aldrich, in a much appreciated effort to avoid publicly pointing out my stupidity, sent me a PM and gave me a map to find my way to the new stuff.

Awwwww......now, now Mike, don't be so hard on yourself. We still think there is some intelligence there. Not sure how much, but at least some :smiley4::smiley15: . Model on, Oh tolerant Brother of the Sprue.

I must be sniffing too much lacquer thinner, 'cause despite some folks thinking there may still be signs of intelligent life in my skull, I am really starting to have my doubts!

None the less, thanks for the vote (or at least partial) of confidence Ken!

Mike