Anyone have a listing or spreadsheet with all of the Squadron Signal titles?

TimHortman

All,

Do any of you have a listing, or index of all of the Squadron Signal "In Action" publications?

I'm doing some rearranging and organizing, and thought while I was at it, I would make it easier on myself. I am tired of sorting through 200+ titles to find the one I am looking for.

Before I started typing my own list, I figured I would check - someone is bound to have a listing already made!

Thanks for your help!

Tim

I don't know of a list, but have fun, especially with all of the 2nd edition versions! I know I have at least 140 of them and I've made NO attempt to buy them all (just the ones I need for building). My oldest ones have the original $3.95 price on them! The biggest problem in a vendors area is not buying a duplicate while thumbing through a pile of them! Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil,

I don't go out of my way to get the newest ones, but will pick them up when they are on sale. I've been carrying around a list of what I don't have for years now. I got tired of getting home only to find that I had the copy I just got a deal on. :smiley29:

I had a list here, but it is fairly dated. My goal is to get them into a format where I can sort the list by title so I "know which one I am looking for" without digging through the entire stack...

I do of most of the titles up to the past couple years. Lists are not 100% complete, but fairly comprehensive. I'll have to locate it on one of my older computers, hopefully it is on my external hard drive.

Thanks guys!

Anything at this point would be a help. I still have some sorting to do, so I ensure they are all in one location - then I need to get them back in order!

Cheers!

Tim

Let me know if you need anything beyond what Clare sends you. I have just simple MS Word tables with the book number and title. I use them as cover sheets to the binders I store my SS pubs in.

OK,

Does anyone know why SS made the "In Action" books that way? Was it a popular format? WWP and several others have released books that way as well.

Mark

OK,

Does anyone know why SS made the "In Action" books that way? Was it a popular format? WWP and several others have released books that way as well.

Mark

- My guess is that a reference book that you would want to lay on top of or next to your work bench while you are working on your subject (a model) has a tendency to stay open on the pages you lay it open to when the book is in the "landscape" format (so to speak) verses the "portrait" format. This lends itself to freeing up your hands to work on the subject and also not needing to prop it open. At least, this is how it works out for my model building/reference needs. :blink::huh::smiley1: