Aston Martin DBR1

Wildcat

One of the prettiest cars from the 50's. Winner of 1959 LeMans by Roy Salvadori and some guy named Carrol Shelby. This is a Starter resin kit. It has very nice spoked wire wheels and only a few resin bubble holes to be filled.

dbr1_ip1%20002.JPG

dbr1_ip1%20001.JPG

Starter makes a nice kit.

I'll check back for updates.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the screws to attach the chassis plate? I have in the past. Contest judging and the whole looking at the underside thing has me wondering if a different approach would not be better/expected.

Starter makes a nice kit.

I'll check back for updates.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the screws to attach the chassis plate? I have in the past. Contest judging and the whole looking at the underside thing has me wondering if a different approach would not be better/expected.

I don't do contests. Sometimes I just superglue the bottom plates on. Sometimes I don't even use them. With resin kits like this that have no suspension I can't imagine that whether you use the screws or not affects the judging.

With respect to to the National contest, in the small scale categories, the screws in the bottom plate are not considered in judging. Also, entering the curbside category means the bottom of the model is not judged as only that which can be seen on the as the model sits on the table is judged.

Dick Christ

Finished Aston Martin DBR1. This was the car that was driven by Roy Salvadori and some guy named Carroll Shelby in 1959 to win the LeMans 24 Hours. Resin kit by Starter of France.

dbr1%20007.JPG

dbr1%20001.JPG

dbr1%20003.JPG

dbr1%20002.JPG

More here:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/autos/dbr1_ms.htm

Wow, Michael. That's impressive. But it gets even MORE impressive when you put the model into perspective with that penny right next to it. From the beginning, I thought that this was 24th scale. Now I'm thinkin it is 43rd or maybe even 64th. Awesome finishing job. Thanks for sharing it with us. :smiley20: