Marder II WIP

Kjundude1

I keep saying that I am NOT an armour guy, but here I go again. This will be my first attempt with the Friul Tracks and voyager set. Comments always welcome, because I have no clue what I am doing...LOL.

Chris Fontenot

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Your doing a really nice job for somebody that doesn't know what they are doing, :smiley20:

Ditto that. At first, I was wondering why you were posting photos taken from the after market guys advertisement shots on their websites. Then it hit me, your pics here are of your work! But then again, I'm just an aircraft guy pondering a step or two into the dark side again. Teheee! :smiley4:

It is obvious from the pictures you have no idea what you are doing and are way in over your head (sarc)!!! You must box everything up and mail it to me :smiley14: . On a serious note, this is looking very good!!! Please keep posting your progress pictures.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks guys.

I am learning a lot so far. I have done pe before on my ships and a little on a couple of small tank projects, but this is big for me.

Also, the reason I have the tools that you see there is because I am friends with the guys that developed them, so I wanted to support them.

Chris

Thanks guys.

I am learning a lot so far. I have done pe before on my ships and a little on a couple of small tank projects, but this is big for me.

Also, the reason I have the tools that you see there is because I am friends with the guys that developed them, so I wanted to support them.

Chris

Does he give out free samples? I would love to help promote his product too.

Chris

No Chris,

I paid full price for mine. The Fenderbender is OOP now. I think that they were too expensive to make, but I love it. I will never sell mine.

They also sell "The Block" which is just perfect texture for cutting pe.

That is my free testimonials for today...LOL. They do have a couple of other products that I own, but I ain't doing any more for free...LOL. :smiley14:

Great work Chris,

I picked up a HOLD-N-FOLD at the Nats. Got sick and tired of trying to bend the long pieces of brass on fenders. Now I just gotta find someplace that sells phot-etch scrap. Makes things like steps and flat bar grab rails so much easier.

Ken said:

But then again, I'm just an aircraft guy pondering a step or two into the dark side again. Teheee! :smiley4:

Armor is NOT the Dark Side.....It is the other way around!!!!

• 1 month later...
I see you guys using terms I'm not familiar with. What is PE? gonna need a crash course me thinks :wacko:

Hello James B.,

PE = "Photo-Etch".

- Not sure if you know this, but the brass colored metal pieces in James F's first posting were manufactured using an "Etching" process on a sheet of metal. The etching is done using a acid solution and a "mask" that creates the different shapes/parts. Once this is finished, the parts are washed off and the modeler cuts the pieces off of the "fret" and then glues them onto the model (usually with CA glue). Sometimes the parts require bending them into shape using a "HOLD-N-FOLD" clamp-and-bending tool that Mark A. mentioned, before attaching them.

Not sure to what extent you may need a tip or two on other abbreviations, but here are a few others commonly used on this DF:

DF = Discusion Forum

CA = Cyano Acrylate adhesive (aka Super Glue)

HTH = Hope That Helps

FWIW = For What Its Worth

FYI = For Your Informtion

LHS = Local Hobby Shop

LOL = Laughing Out Loud

ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My (Behind) Off

LG = Landing Gear

This is just a splash to get you started. I'm sure other members will have a few more. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater

Mark said:

AHMIT - And How Much Is That?

Some of those I know. Guess I'll have to pay more attention to the cyphers :smiley20: I use photoetch on some of my stuff but seeing the PE threw me off.

Don't feel bad. These "tecky" guys have me scratching my head too. I'm just old fashioned and aren't up on all the terms or texting, which I understand uses lots of cyphers.

I keep saying that I am NOT an armour guy, but here I go again. This will be my first attempt with the Friul Tracks and voyager set. Comments always welcome, because I have no clue what I am doing...LOL.

Chris Fontenot

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

in that second photo, what is that tool that has 2 round items attched to it? is it for track links or road wheels?

in that second photo, what is that tool that has 2 round items attched to it? is it for track links or road wheels?

That tool is my trusty OOP Fenderbender. It has 3 screws that tighten down on PE making it easy to bend. Lots of folks use the hold and fold for the same purpose.

I will be doing an update for this project shortly.

Chris Fontenot

That tool is my trusty OOP Fenderbender. It has 3 screws that tighten down on PE making it easy to bend. Lots of folks use the hold and fold for the same purpose.

I will be doing an update for this project shortly.

Chris Fontenot

cool, maybe one day someone will come up with another one for the market.

cool, maybe one day someone will come up with another one for the market.

I was at a small hobby shop in town today looking at the magazine Building Armor Dioramas and saw what they called the Fold & hold tool. It looked very similar to yours. I may have to get my brother to make one for me, he works with aluminum projects.