Another Forum Newbie

GeorgeShaeffer

Hi! I'm George Shaeffer and I'm a Forum newbie. I'm also the Treasurer for the 2012 IPMS National Convention (We're Going To Disney World!). No, that's not the theme of the Convention -- we're just so excited about it that we can't stop saying that. I'm a member of the Pelikan Model Club in Clearwater, FL - Florida's oldest IPMS Chapter.

A brief bio: I started building models at about the age of six (fortunately none of those examples survived - I used LOTS of glue to make sure they stayed stuck together). I kept at it until my mid-teens, when I began to notice those fascinating creatures called "girls." I re-entered the hobby in about 2003, focusing primarily on 1/24 & 1/25 autos. I joined IPMS and Pelikan in 2009. I now build mostly 1/24 - 1/25 race cars, along with some 1/48 aircraft (mostly between-the-WWs air racers and WWI fighters) and ships and watercraft in all scales and types. I also build wooden models of ships and watercraft in all scales and types. I just picked up some inexpensive armor kits at the IPMS 2010 National Convention in Phoenix (LOVE those last day markdowns!) so that I can start learning how to build and weather armor too.

I'll be 59 in September. I live in Redington Beach, FL with my shih-tzu, Victoria. I'm in a long-term relationship (10 yrs and counting). I'm a retired CPA/CFO. I have a son, daughter-in law and two grandkids in Phoenix (I think I managed to get them hooked on modeling at the Convention). My other interests are travel, the Internet, reading, the arts, history, museums and visiting historic sites, especially those about maritime history.

Welcome George! I know I'm looking forward to y'alls shindig in 2012. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you at R-11 shows. Look me up if you make the Orlando show next month; I'll be vending!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome George! I know I'm looking forward to y'alls shindig in 2012. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you at R-11 shows. Look me up if you make the Orlando show next month; I'll be vending!

GIL :smiley16:

I'll try, Gil. I'm getting back from a week in India the Monday before Modelpalooza and I'm hoping I can tell time again by that next weekend!