Is there a new 1/48 Hawker Tempest coming?

Fred

Hello All,

I've read rumors that eduard was going to either re-release their old kit or release a new mold tempest last year. Does anyone know if and when they might do that? Or is another manufacturer gong to come through with one?

I just saw a Profipack Tempest go for over $100 on e-bay! That's nuts!

Hello All,

I've read rumors that eduard was going to either re-release their old kit or release a new mold tempest last year. Does anyone know if and when they might do that? Or is another manufacturer gong to come through with one?

I just saw a Profipack Tempest go for over $100 on e-bay! That's nuts!

While I'd love to see one, I doubt Eduard is re-tooling their kit. As far as $100 for a Profipack, with the issues that kit has, that's just insane!

Mike

If you want a really NICE Tempest in 1/48, you can hunt down the Eduard kit or wait and see if it's repopped. But, If you just want a "shelf sitter" to represent the typical Tempest, you can get the old AMT 1/48 Tempest and throw in some Monogram Typhoon parts (or even look for some Tempest aftermarket) and it'll do nicely for your private collection (if you're not hung up on accuracy). Best of all, you'll still have only spent about half of the money needed to pry an Eduard kit loose on Ebay. Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16: