info needed

odwinn

Hey fellow modelers. i am looking for info on sale price to ask for this kit.

i have one and wish to sell it .

the kit is the Aurora model of TUCUMCARI

the box looks like this.

http://www.foils.org/gallery/tucmod3.jpg

any info i can get would be good.

i looked over at some other sites and got info but no ideas on pricing this thing.

thanks Kev,

I've got one I bought off of eBay years ago. I did a quick check on there, there are two up for auction. One is a factory sealed retail box going for $90 but no bids ($15 shipping). The other one is in the Young Model Builder's Club cardboard mailing box. It is currently going for $26 (free shipping) with a couple of bids.

I doubt the $105 one delivered will sell; $20-30 seems about right.

Edit: I stand corrected, the unopened one is going for over $105 outright.

Edited by RGronovius

One man's trash is another man's treasure. The key to selling anything "collectable" is to hook it up with a "collector".

Robin's assessment seems spot-on to me. The real question Kev, is what do YOU want to get for it? What's your bottom line? If you think the $100 is what its worth, then you'll just have to be prepared to hang onto it until that ONE guy who HAS to have it comes along and gives you your price. If, on the other hand, you just want to make some bucks and move it quickly; you can ask $75 and then see how it goes from there.

I looked at an Aurora 1/48 Me-109 kit in Phoenix. That's the first model I built when I was a kid, and would love to have it just for nostalgia's sake. However, his $150 price-tag (despite its rarity) was WAY more than I was willing to pay to indulge a second childhood!

Ebaying and allowing bidding will probably "shake out" its true value in the end. However, if you're just looking to sell, I suggest the swap/sell section on this forum and the Hyperscale Plane Trading forum will move it faster with less hassle. Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16: