Calling all car clubs

PeteJ

I keep hearing about car only model clubs and would like to know how many IPMS car clubs there are. So far I know of two. IPMS San Diego Model Car Club and IPMS GTR. Who else is out there?

Hmm. There are a few in my area, but none are IPMS that I'm aware of. I think the ACME club in Atlanta is mostly auto modelers.

Albuquerque (including its close sister city Rio Rancho) has 3 model clubs:

- Albuquerque Scale Modelers/IPMS (ASM) - Modeling of all genre's

- Zia Scale Modelers/IPMS (ZSM) - Modeling focused on Aircraft, Military Vehicles, and Ships with occasional dips into other genres.

- Albuquerque Model Car Club (AMCC) - AMCC is strictly dedicated to automotive modeling subject matter (Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles). While AMCC and ASM maintain cross membership and occasional contact between their leaderships, AMCC does not maintain IPMS affiliation.

Edited by Weedeater

Since we're naming non IPMS car clubs there is Masscar model club in Massachusetts...I am not a member but they are a super bunch of people that put on a fantastic show every year, and alos recently opened the contest up to other genres.

I believe the IPMS/Foothills Plastic Pros in Hickory, NC are automotive, or mostly so. I know their annual show & swap-meet is automotive and they throw in a couple categories for everything else just to draw more folks. I've not been able to make their show, but keep trying.

From going over the list of active IPMS chapters here it the list that I have. I note that several of you have named a couple of others. If anyone knows of any other auto only clubs I would like to know who they are. Thanks.

MassCar Model Club

KC Slammers Model Car Club

Long Island Auto Replica Society(aka L.I.A.R.S.)

Metroplex car Modelers' association

Puget Sound Auto Modeler Association

San Diego Model Car Club

IPMS GTR

Incidently these are all IPMS clubs.

Edited by PeteJ

I'll also note that we have 3 SIGS

-- Heavy Haulers for commercial trucks

-- Scale Firehouse for fire & emergency vehicles

-- Two-Wheel Modelers for motorcycles

It's probably telling that we have no "car" automobile SIGS .... Anyone want to start one ?

I've thought about setting up my F1 folks as a SIG, but I haven't really had much time to think about it..

E

I'll also note that we have 3 SIGS

-- Heavy Haulers for commercial trucks

-- Scale Firehouse for fire & emergency vehicles

-- Two-Wheel Modelers for motorcycles

It's probably telling that we have no "car" automobile SIGS .... Anyone want to start one ?

I've thought about setting up my F1 folks as a SIG, but I haven't really had much time to think about it..

E

Eric - I think that would be a good idea. Need to put it up on F1M and see how it flies! GPMA would also be a good candidate for a SIG.

Edited by PeteJ

• 4 months later...

Foothills Plastic Pros is primarily cars.We are working on expanding to other subjects but at the moment our membership is car oriented.I will build what ever catches my eye or will lead to learning a new skill or technique.

• 2 months later...

Scale Auto Builders Ass'n here in Portland is primarily a auto/truck/motorcycle based club. We just became a IPMS chapter. Several of our members build things other then cars/trucks etc. Our monthly meeting are limited to automotive subject as well as any contest we produce or host. Last weekend we hosted the 41st Annual Bob Paeth Portland Classic Model Car Contest as part of the Portland Roadster show. We will be producing the 21st PNW Model Car Fest in April. SABA hosts the model contest at the Billetproof NW event as well as the contest at the Rod Run to the End of the World, in Ocean Park Washington. Above all else, our goal is to have fun and promote the hobby of model building.

Fletch

SABA Vice-President

IPMS/USA #46932

Don't forget IPMS HAMS....Houston Automotive Modelers Society

From going over the list of active IPMS chapters here it the list that I have. I note that several of you have named a couple of others. If anyone knows of any other auto only clubs I would like to know who they are. Thanks.

MassCar Model Club

KC Slammers Model Car Club

Long Island Auto Replica Society(aka L.I.A.R.S.)

Metroplex car Modelers' association

Puget Sound Auto Modeler Association

San Diego Model Car Club

IPMS GTR

Incidently these are all IPMS clubs.