hasegawa 1/48 Kawanishi N1K2-J George early version

guaguachong

Japnanese Navy ACE pilot Lt. 菅野直. sorry, could not find english name.....

Kawanishi N1K2-J was a powerful plane in WWII War and this hasegawa models are good with well-designed details. i have one more and will build her again later, maybe with some pe or cockpit things.

this is my forth model this summer,feel much better than last time.

these are some pictures, comments are welcome. :)

1. Picture042.jpg
  2. Picture041.jpg
  3. Picture043.jpg
  4. Picture044.jpg
  5. Picture045.jpg
  6. Picture040.jpg
  7. Picture034.jpg
  8. Picture033.jpg
  9. Picture032.jpg
  10. Picture031.jpg
  11. Picture035.jpg
  12. Picture039.jpg
  13. Picture038.jpg
  14. Picture037.jpg
  15. Picture036.jpg
  16. Picture030.jpg
  17. Picture028.jpg
  18. Picture027.jpg
  19. Picture025.jpg
  20. Picture024.jpg
  21. Picture022.jpg
  22. Picture021.jpg
  23. Picture018.jpg
  24. Picture046.jpg
my next one maybe Accurate miniatures F6A.

Picture001.jpg

thank you for watching :)

Guaguachong, This looks like a "George" of the 343rd Kokutai, 301st Fighter Squadron, a famous Japanese Naval fighter group based at Matsuyama airfield, and flown by Lt. Naoshi Kanno, (Born 13 October 1921). The plane is accurate for the time period of April, 1945. Kanno had destroyed 30 enemy aircraft in his combat tour in the Carolines and Phillipines, and achieved 18 victories serving with the 343rd, with two B-24s on his last mission on August 1, 1945. He was the Japanse Naval Academy's top ace with a grand total of 48 victories. I hope that is of some help in identifying this aircraft. A very nice job indeed! I hope the work on my 1/32 scale P-6E Hawk biplane will measure up to it.

Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

Edited by aAzZ09

Guaguachong, This looks like a "George" of the 343rd Kokutai, 301st Fighter Squadron, a famous Japanese Naval fighter group based at Matsuyama airfield, and flown by Lt. Naoshi Kanno, (Born 13 October 1921). The plane is accurate for the time period of April, 1945. Kanno had destroyed 30 enemy aircraft in his combat tour in the Carolines and Phillipines, and achieved 18 victories serving with the 343rd, with two B-24s on his last mission on August 1, 1945. He was the Japanse Naval Academy's top ace with a grand total of 48 victories. I hope that is of some help in identifying this aircraft. A very nice job indeed! I hope the work on my 1/32 scale P-6E Hawk biplane will measure up to it.

Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

thank you, Mark. these information are very valuable for me. in hasegawa's instruction sheet, it just said "KANNO", i was so confused and did not know if "KANNO" was a name or not. right now i know. by the way, is the name "guaguachong" a little akward? i may put my real name in the article to make it easier to read. you can call me "Ying". :)

i wishes i can go phoneix this time but the crazy busy and important new semester will begin soon. i have no choice. i hope i can go next year. :)

That's a gorgeous Shiden-Kai! I especially like the differing metallic shades ont he bottem. That's a very pretty build, thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

thank you. i think the varies of the colors make models look like the real ones and beautiful. it does take some times and need pay attention, but all our work will pay back. :)

thank you, Mark. these information are very valuable for me. in hasegawa's instruction sheet, it just said "KANNO", i was so confused and did not know if "KANNO" was a name or not. right now i know. by the way, is the name "guaguachong" a little akward? i may put my real name in the article to make it easier to read. you can call me "Ying". :)

i wishes i can go phoneix this time but the crazy busy and important new semester will begin soon. i have no choice. i hope i can go next year. :)

Hello Ying: I'm glad to help, that is what IPMS is all about, by modelers for modelers. My speciality is aircraft, military and civilian, from 1930 to 1955. I grew up with some real legends from the time I was a boy in the 1950's to the present, and as a retired engineer turned businessman, I see a lot of veterans each week. That keeps my interest levels as high as always. Those deceased and those living, I deeply respect and have some great memories. Best,

Mark, (aAzZ09) :smiley20:

(In his best English accent) By George I thin k you've nailed it!

Ying, outstanding job. I am very impressed with the weathering on the top and the metallic variations underneath. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to do a variable metal finish!

Very nice, Ying!!

I love the chipped paint effects, particularly on the wings. The NMF on the bottom is great, also. Very nicely-executed.

JK

Hello Ying: I'm glad to help, that is what IPMS is all about, by modelers for modelers. My speciality is aircraft, military and civilian, from 1930 to 1955. I grew up with some real legends from the time I was a boy in the 1950's to the present, and as a retired engineer turned businessman, I see a lot of veterans each week. That keeps my interest levels as high as always. Those deceased and those living, I deeply respect and have some great memories. Best,

Mark, (aAzZ09) :smiley20:

man, i wish i can go with you some times. :) i would like to talk to them, too.

(In his best English accent) By George I thin k you've nailed it!

Ying, outstanding job. I am very impressed with the weathering on the top and the metallic variations underneath. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to do a variable metal finish!

not to hard man, it just take some time. here is one way, after you paint the upward body, add some black in your original color and paint fine line alone the panel lines, and add white in it to spread the flat surface :) then you will see the effect.

metalic variations are easier. add a little black in original silver, cover one square surface with tape along the panel line and paint it.

building a model is taking time, much hard than buying kits and i think i may have too much for me to build right now. T_T

Very nice, Ying!!

I love the chipped paint effects, particularly on the wings. The NMF on the bottom is great, also. Very nicely-executed.

JK

thank you. this is the first time i try to make this kind of effect. it was not 100% successful but i think it is a good begin.

i will try to do better lately. :)

man, i wish i can go with you some times. :) i would like to talk to them, too.

Anytime, Ying. I live in Georgetown, Texas which is in the central part of the state. I live about two miles from Sun City, which is a very large retirement community for seniors 55 years and older. Among them are veterans of WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and I do see current Afganistan vets home on leave. Among the veterans I see regularly are Air Force Gen. Ben E. Davis, former head of SAC, WW2 Navy CPO James "Barny" Barnhill who served in 22 of the 26 battles in the Pacific on CV-6, the carrier ENTERPRISE. I grew up in the 1950s and knew as a boy Chance Vought (later LTV) test pilots such as John Konrad and Boone Gyton who were friends of my father, J.J. Fiedler, and lived in a neighborhood with military and civilian aircraft flying all around me all the time. So I couldn't help but be interested to this very day. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

Anytime, Ying. I live in Georgetown, Texas which is in the central part of the state. I live about two miles from Sun City, which is a very large retirement community for seniors 55 years and older. Among them are veterans of WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and I do see current Afganistan vets home on leave. Among the veterans I see regularly are Air Force Gen. Ben E. Davis, former head of SAC, WW2 Navy CPO James "Barny" Barnhill who served in 22 of the 26 battles in the Pacific on CV-6, the carrier ENTERPRISE. I grew up in the 1950s and knew as a boy Chance Vought (later LTV) test pilots such as John Konrad and Boone Gyton who were friends of my father, J.J. Fiedler, and lived in a neighborhood with military and civilian aircraft flying all around me all the time. So I couldn't help but be interested to this very day. Best,

Mark Fiedler (aAzZ09)

man, thank you. i will be so glad to come. we should talk about this great idea (for me :)) earlier in this summer. i had some free time but right now, the new semester began. we are having tests and clinical week by week. even after each class, we will have quizs which gonna count total 20% of the final grades.....

hopefully i can make this trip next year. :)

• 3 weeks later...