1/35 UH-1H - Panda Kit

SteveV22FE

Yea, it's not half bad.......just like Jennifer Anniston! You're a master of understatement. That's one very crisply built and painted Huey! The glass is particularly impressive (which I always find to be a tough job on 'copters). Did the top glass parts come in green, or did you tint them yourself? Either way, they look great! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Yea, it's not half bad.......just like Jennifer Anniston! You're a master of understatement. That's one very crisply built and painted Huey! The glass is particularly impressive (which I always find to be a tough job on 'copters). Did the top glass parts come in green, or did you tint them yourself? Either way, they look great! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil. The plan was to take this one to Phoenix, but other things came up, so I slowed down on it. Maybe this will go to Omaha? It is definately going to SuperCon in Arlington, Tx next month.

The key to a helicopter build is the glass. The Panda/Dragon kit's glass fits quite well, but is a little thick. It's thickness really doesn't detract from the model.

The Greenhouse windows are tinted using Tamiya Clear Green acryl paint. I didn't thin it, just sprayed light coats to build up an even green on the plastic. Of course, it is painted on what would be the inside of the glass. Let it dry about an hour and you are able to work with it.

To place the glass, I use this stuff called "Formula '56 - The World's Best Canopy Glue". Not having heard of it, I figured I'd give it a try, now I swear by it. It works, IMHO, better and it gives a stonger bond than Krystal Klear.

The model itself is subtly weathered using gray artist pastels. It's weathered more on the top and then went from light to dark (gradient) down the sides. You know, cause the sun bakes it on top more than the sides causing an uneven fade pattern. :smiley17:

Thanks for the compliment!!

Edited by SteveV22FE