Tiny nuts, bolts, studs & washers

TheWalrus

At the Nat's I saw packaged nuts, bolts, washers, and washer/stud combinations. I thought they were really expensive for the quantities. These items were really tiny and appear ideal for my applications. I believe the thingies were on the order of perhaps 1 - 2 milimeters.

Can anyone point me to sources for these? Dummy parts are o.k. as they will not be functional.

There is an ebay seller - rbmotion - that has very tiny items like you describe.

Although I just did a quick search... he has nothing posted at the moment. He usually has stuff up 24-7, He may still be recovering from the nats for all I know. His stuff is worth a good look. On ebay use the advanced search to search by SellerID.

Here is his web site too R&B Motion

Edited by JayMesawitz

There is an ebay seller - rbmotion - that has very tiny items like you describe.

Although I just did a quick search... he has nothing posted at the moment. He usually has stuff up 24-7, He may still be recovering from the nats for all I know. His stuff is worth a good look. On ebay use the advanced search to search by SellerID.

Here is his web site too R&B Motion

I use a lot of his stuff and I can vouch for the quality. He is always very prompt and doesn't charge a ton for shipping.

You might wish to check with you LHS and ask about Grandt Line products. They are made for model trains and include such items as you describe.

At the Nat's I saw packaged nuts, bolts, washers, and washer/stud combinations. I thought they were really expensive for the quantities. These items were really tiny and appear ideal for my applications. I believe the thingies were on the order of perhaps 1 - 2 milimeters.

Can anyone point me to sources for these? Dummy parts are o.k. as they will not be functional.

You can order direct from Grandt Line Products:

http://www.grandtline.com/index.html

Most of the nuts, bolts, washers, etc are listed under "Augmentables" on the home page.

• 2 months later...
You can order direct from Grandt Line Products:

Most of the nuts, bolts, washers, etc are listed under "Augmentables" on the home page.

I use GrandtLine in my models. Some model shops that carry a lot of RR stuff usually carry that also.

• 3 months later...

QUOTE (TomGaj @ Aug 14 2010, 01:39 PM) You can order direct from Grandt Line Products:

I use GrandtLine in my models. Some model shops that carry a lot of RR stuff usually carry that also.

I just got some scale nuts from Verlinden today. These are great for adding that extra detail, especially for scratchbuilt items.