Duece and a Half

Kjundude1

Drafting linen huh? Looks good Chris. Where do you get that linen? I use lead foil for my straps, which can make for a painting challenge.

Nice fixes.

Mike

Fantastic job! I too would like to know where you get the drafting linen? I have always used foil for my straps and as Mike said it is a little tuff to paint at times.

Chris

Edited by 802chrisg

Thank you all for the kind words.

Drafting Linen

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search From the late 19th century until the middle of the 20th century, drafting linen, also known as drafting cloth, was commonly used as an alternative to wood-pulp and rag papers in creating technical drawings. Its major benefits were considerable strength, especially in erasing and redrawing, durability in handling, and translucency for making multiple reprographic prints. Manufactured as an undyed muslin woven fabric, typically using cotton or linen fiber, the textile was highly starched and then calendered to create a smooth surface for precise ink and graphite lines. Although drafting linen was most typically used in creating original drawings, it was occasionally used as the underlying support for blueprints and other similar reprographic processes. Drafting linen largely fell out of favor after the development of drafting film — varying in chemical composition from cellulose acetate to polyester—in the 1950s.

So they quit making it in about 1960, but I occasionally find a few sheet on Ebay and buy and hoard them. I did an SBS on another forum on making flags out of the drafting linen. It works very well. Please see the flag that I did below.

100_6915-1.jpg

100_7513.jpg

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Chris

See,

Who says model builders are full of USELESS knowledge??? I can now go to sleep this PM knowing I have learned something new.

Mark

Phil,

I think that Tank Workshops had a set out a few years ago, back in '98, of just jerry cans as a 1-piece drop in set for this truck. You might still find it. I thought of it as well. Acurate Armour in Scotland has a great drop-in set that I used, but it has British style items in it, such as the POL cans, fire bottle, etc.

Phil,

There are several options

Tasca has the best set. You get 8 water and 8 fuel.

Italeri

Tamiya (incorrect handles)

CMK 6 pieces in Resin

Formations seven loose three mounted all in resin

Tank Worshop Next best You get 55 gallon drums and 11 5 gallon cans, some with straps and some without and they also make some wooden crates to help fill that duece rear end with.

I use tape (masking or scotch brand). Always looking or new ideas.

Now this is going to really date me, but in the 1970s I managed to squirrel away some layout tape in various widths. This is a very flexible, thin, black tape that was used in the layout (hand-done) of PC boards waaay before there were CAD systems to do the work. The stuff I have is still flexible, but I use it sparingly, as I doubt it is available any more.

BTW- My vote is for the Tasca jerry cans. They are the BEST by far!

Edited by RickC5