Abrams M1A1

Kjundude1

I am not normally an armor builder. I needed a break from figures and I didn't want to start a ship project that would take a year, so I figured that this would be a quick (6 Weeks) little build. It did also give me a chance to learn a little more about armor.

I painted with Polly S nato colored paints. Weathering was done with MIG and Vellejo pigments.

Comments and advice always welcome.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

I agree! That is a really nice build! :smiley20:

One of these days I'll get to the Dragon M1A2 SEP that I've got waiting in the wings.

Great build! My only suggestion is to either get rid of the Army markings or replace the USMC smoke grenade launchers with US Army ones. And consider abandoning ships and switching to armor full-time! :smiley20:

Good eye, Robert! I didn't even catch that!

Thanks, Guys.

The kit is the Academy 2003 Abrams M1A1. I did some research and found that the kit came with tracks that were for the earlier Abrams M1A1, so I decided to do it in NATO camo. I AM NOT an amor guy, so I make lots of mistakes. One friend told me that I needed to change the caps on the road wheels to black, so I will. I will also replace the smoke grenade launchers (Thanks Robert.)

I am now working on a Marder II with Voyager set and Friul tracks. That is a huge leap for me. I should have it done in a years or so...LOL.

Chris Fontenot

Edited by Kjundude1

• 1 month later...
Great build! My only suggestion is to either get rid of the Army markings or replace the USMC smoke grenade launchers with US Army ones. And consider abandoning ships and switching to armor full-time! :smiley20:

I took your advice and the advice of a friend and swiched out the smoke grenade launchers and painted the caps of the road wheeels black. Thanks for the tips.

Chris

IMG_0546-1.jpg

Edited by Kjundude1