Lockheed Hudson Mk 1

Wildcat

That control panel looks great. I've not built any CA jits. Is that PE and film backing, punched out decals, or what?

The panel is resin with holes sunk for the instruments. The instruments are from Mike Grant decals applied individually.

Those kits are a bit of a pain, but patience is rewarded. When I think of Hudsons, I think of my Grandfather and many of his friends who flew them "over there," as pilots for the Ferry Command. I started the Bristol Blenheim Mark I from this company. Lets just say your a lot farther along then I am. Thanks for showing the process.

Chris

Edited by Dreamsof51

CA kits give back what you put in them (well maybe except the Venom/Vampire cockpits) ... I like 'em and hope they get back in business. Anyway, I have the Hudson en stash and would like to get it out one day.

I see you haven't (yet) put any rods in the wing root to hold the wings -- are you planning to, or do you think it'll be fine plain ??

Nice use of the Mike Grant instruments ....

CA kits give back what you put in them (well maybe except the Venom/Vampire cockpits) ... I like 'em and hope they get back in business. Anyway, I have the Hudson en stash and would like to get it out one day.

I see you haven't (yet) put any rods in the wing root to hold the wings -- are you planning to, or do you think it'll be fine plain ??

Nice use of the Mike Grant instruments ....

I use MEK which really "welds" the plastic so don't plan on messing with a spar.

Those kits are a bit of a pain, but patience is rewarded. When I think of Hudsons, I think of my Grandfather and many of his friends who flew them "over there," as pilots for the Ferry Command. I started the Bristol Blenheim Mark I from this company. Lets just say your a lot farther along then I am. Thanks for showing the process.

Chris

I did the Blenheim Mk. 1 a few years ago. I was happy with how it turned out:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/aircraft/blenheim_ms.htm

I did the Blenheim Mk. 1 a few years ago. I was happy with how it turned out:

http://www.percongrp.com/pelikan/aircraft/blenheim_ms.htm

I hope mine turns out that nice. I'm really a fan of the long nose Mk IV but I got such a good deal I couldn't resist buying the MkI

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks? Wow! Not only a great looking model but done so rapidly!

That's a heck of a Hudson! I'm really impressed at such fast progress on a kit that's not known to be a shake-n-bake. Your side windows came out very nice. Are those the kit parts? What methods did you use to get the fit so nice and to keep (if not actually improve) their clarity? Thanks for posting and congrats on a superb build!

GIL :smiley16:

That's a heck of a Hudson! I'm really impressed at such fast progress on a kit that's not known to be a shake-n-bake. Your side windows came out very nice. Are those the kit parts? What methods did you use to get the fit so nice and to keep (if not actually improve) their clarity? Thanks for posting and congrats on a superb build!

GIL :smiley16:

Bevelled the inside of the windows with one of those scraper tools from Squadron until the windows fit flush on the outside. Other than that just standard prep with Future.