Paging All Draken Boffins

MPeters

Well, folks; to answer my own question (shoulda done in the first place :smiley20: ) it looks as though both Danish Drakens had a "recce-type" nose (that is the "F35XD" and the "RF35XD") so it is not possible at the moment to kit the Danes' ground attack bird or its recce sister. http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/up...008-4/13523.jpg The preceding link is a nice case in point. I guess since there was no radar installed, the RDAF and Saab decided on some other stuff to go in the nose of the mud mover (a shot of the recce bird is here http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/256467...6b1ec9b.jpg?v=0 ). Hope this keeps any of you Danish Draken fans out there spending dough on what Hasegawa is selling now, hoping to build on of them. Looks like one helluva fuselage re-tool, so we may have to rely on aftermarket... :smiley19:

Mike

Perhaps I fall into the category of a lot of American modelers who really couldn't care less about the Draken....

That said, I hope that they sell a TON of them! I've heard it's a very nice kit and most everyone seems to be very happy with it. I'm guessing that the "world" market is there for the Draken (and yes, it is a COOL lookin' plane!) so I'm hoping that with good sales (and profits) the next release will peak my interest a bit more. As for the specific mod you're looking for....it sounds like the perfect thing for the after-market folks. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Can the Danish A35XD be built from any of Hase's current releases of their 1/48th kit? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Actually you can. From here you can find a picture of Danish A35XD (F35) without recce- nose. Picture.

The problem you will face though is the fact that those A35 Export Denmark a/c 's were quite heavily modified in order to fit danish service which was more ground attack oriented than fighter oriented. (Source: Draken Database)

In case you decide to go after that Recce-version- here is one resin nose that I know of: Rebell Hobby There are english pages available- most likely it is the easiest way to write directly to Max if you want purchase that resin wonder. I have done a lot of business with Max so I can definitely recommend him.

I hope this helps

Very, very interesting... The upgrades made to the RDAF A35s must've included the 'chiseled' nose. If you notice, the pictures we both submitted are of the same aircraft (A-018) assuming of course that the a/c numbers didn't change with upgraded/non-upgraded machines. Looks as though a 'legacy' A35XD *can* be produced from the current Hase kit (though I'm not sure how extra fuel and strengthened airframe would figure into it).

Thanks for the replies!

Mike

Check on ARC this was posted there yesterday. Carl01m.jpg

I have a review of the new 1/48 resin S35E Draken Recce conversion by Maestro Models Conversions from Rebell Hobby. This new resin nose permits you to converts the 35E Draken into a Recce nose S35E Draken and is designed for the new 1/48 Hasegawa J35 Draken.