YET ANOTHER JUPITER 2 SAUCER!

papasmurf

This was the last version of the 12 inch Polar Lights kit built at the studio. I am moving on to the 18 inch Moebius version next year. After building about 30 of these PL kits, it was time to retire that tired puppy! This is the "Best of the Best"! It features all the augments, and "doodahs" that I found the most effective from all prior builds. A magnet activated Fusion Core and Dome lighting, fully detailed instruments in the interior, variating light effects in the Cryo Tubes, and a lot more! The exterior Hull is airbrushed in a Metal finish with light weathering effects (Yes, I like those!). Presented on a "Desert" motif Terrain Base, and all powered by (3), 9 volt cells, housed inside the Saucer.

You can see videos of this model in action at http://www.simonmercs.biz/video_gallery towards the bottom of the page.

My apologies for these HUGE images, I tried to reduce them in the post, but it wouldn't stick. Hope the editors don't mind, or they can simply reduce the images a bit.

DSC07400.168134439_large.JPG

DSC07586.18685738_large.JPG

DSC07573.18690032_large.JPG

DSC07599.18685831_large.JPG

DSC07601.18685922_large.JPG

• 2 months later...

I missed this when you first posted the pictures. I am a big fan of fiber optics to light up model interiors, and you have done another one of your exceptional builds here. I don't blame you for retiring the small saucer kit in favor of the larger one; you have more room to add the creative effects. Light leaks are always the problem to solve, especially when some do not show up until the lighting work is completed and the model is ready for final assembly. Been there and had that done to me.

I never got into LIS, but that is no reason to not appreciate superior work on a model.

Ed

I missed this when you first posted the pictures. I am a big fan of fiber optics to light up model interiors, and you have done another one of your exceptional builds here. I don't blame you for retiring the small saucer kit in favor of the larger one; you have more room to add the creative effects. Light leaks are always the problem to solve, especially when some do not show up until the lighting work is completed and the model is ready for final assembly. Been there and had that done to me.

I never got into LIS, but that is no reason to not appreciate superior work on a model.

Ed

Thanks very much Ed! After around 30 of these guys produced here, I am happy to retire it and move on to a bigger and more detailed version.

LIS was a childhood favorite, I never really considered it serious SF, more along the lines of Space Fantasy for young viewers. There are still a heck of a lot of fans out there however, and they are all adults who loved that show back in the 60's! :smiley22: