THE "INVADERS" SAUCER PROJECT

papasmurf

Hello Space Fans! Here's a few images of the latest production item at The Kit Factory, the Monogram "Invaders" Saucer kit. I added a lot of lighting effects for my client in the UK. This one features a rotating Beacon on the top of the Cabin area, a fader effect on the lower, blue toned landing lights, and a red/orange lighting effect for the Engine port. This is a tiny kit, only 7 inches in diameter, and the Cabin area that houses the electronics and power cell, is only 3 inches in diameter. The Hull is painted in Stainless Steel, with some weathering effects to make it more interesting. The original prop was all silver, but that is a tad dull to the eye, so I "spruced" it up a bit! Hope you like the images posted. You can also see the lighting in action at this link http://www.simonmercs.biz/video_gallery on the bottom of the page.

DSC07822.20762408_large.JPG

DSC07831.20762740_large.JPG

DSC07838.20763001_large.JPG

DSC07842.20763437_large.JPG

Edited by papasmurf

• 2 months later...

How did I miss this? Oh, I know, I was in recovery from surgery at that time, and I was hoping to be recovered enough for the 3-day drive to Phoenix for the Nats (I was). I enjoyed this series when it was first-run, but I never acquired the Monogram kit (what's wrong with me, a true sci-fi fan?).

I like how the lighting effects vastly improve an otherwise average model. Your landing scene terrain looks pretty rugged, but that fits well with the mythology of "invaders" not wanting to be noticed near populated areas.

So, this is a belated "great work!"

Ed

How did I miss this? Oh, I know, I was in recovery from surgery at that time, and I was hoping to be recovered enough for the 3-day drive to Phoenix for the Nats (I was). I enjoyed this series when it was first-run, but I never acquired the Monogram kit (what's wrong with me, a true sci-fi fan?).

I like how the lighting effects vastly improve an otherwise average model. Your landing scene terrain looks pretty rugged, but that fits well with the mythology of "invaders" not wanting to be noticed near populated areas.

So, this is a belated "great work!"

Ed

Glad you recovered, and thanks again Ed. :smiley20:

"The Invaders" was a great series! Scary, smart, and very well executed, with the the special effects of that time.

The diorama base was painted in Reddish "Desert" tones, much like what I saw in a few of the episodes. Bought the DVD set, it's worth it!

If you want to see this build in action, a couple of film clips are in the video gallery, on the Kit Factory website.