Hasegawa 1/48 A6M5c Zeke by Takeo Tanimizu

guaguachong

The weathering looks spot-on. How did you do it?

The weathering looks spot-on. How did you do it?

it is a little bit complicated and i am not sure if i can explain clearly in english. :)

but i will try my best.

first, i paint the plane with tamiya (all xf series) silver. then i paint the panel lines (main lines) with dark. so after painting with main colors, these lines' area will be darker than other flat surface. then i paint the flat surface with the same color with little white color in it to make it even more significant.

i wash the upward body with dark mixed with little dark brown oil color. then wash the downward body with gray oil color. and wash upward flat surface with gray color, too, which need very careful control.

after that, i use pastel to sweep gas pump, gun opening and other places.

these are the process step by step.

it takes time but the results can match the time you spend i think.

anymore question, feel free to ask. :)

Two and a half days!! Great job. Most of us are still looking at our reference material after two and a half days.

Very nice.

thank you my friend. it is fast i think but i can do it even faster although it may make building become a suffer not a enjoy. :)

i usually building just out of box with little enhancement like seatbelt, but not too much.

references are good things and show our emotion for our work but in my opinion right now, it is too hard for me and making

things too complicated is gonna reduce the interest for us especially the new guys, which is the first thing to make us enjoy this hard working fan but not video games and others.

so i usually choose good kits from big company with good evaluation and i do not want to waste my time in making new panel lines, or putting puddy to repaire some where not fit each others. :)

i like zeke because it looks beatiful for me :)

i pretty enjoy your jobs, you guys always building sometihng i barely saw before, they are very fresh to me.

That was my first thought too....2 and 1/2 days? I can't get that result in 2 and 1/2 weeks! Great looking Zero! I know I'd be proud to have it on my shelf!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil, i have already built four models in this two weeks. each of them costed like 2 or 3 days. i guess i already know all these basic weathering skills. with some preparation and the right skills of weathering, i believe all models can be built as this zero. :)

but i would like to make them a little different, like for the corsair, i thought the countshaping was good so i did not do anything more.

the Shiden N1K1 i did some heavy worn. and for this zeke, i just did the regular weathering.

i felt pretty happy about your comments. thank you. :)