Extreme Blue Thunder airshow pics

philp

Saturday my oldest and I drove 4 hours north to attend this show in Idaho Falls, ID. The draw for me was the Blue Angels were performing. While I have seen them back when they flew the Phantom and several times in the A-4, I had never seen their Hornet show in person. The show was pretty good but some things they could improve on would be keeping the exhibits closer together (had to walk the entire runway to see everything), better loudspeaker system (you had to be in the right place or you couldn't hear anything. Jeff did find them on the FM dial and we got to listen to the Blues show), and finally, a better system for the shuttle busses. We parked at the University so we wouldn't have to deal with the parking but after a 2 hour wait for a bus to pick us up afterward, we finally decided to hoof it the 2.4 miles back (the traffic was ridiculous). Other than that, we had a good time.

Pics are Here and some highlights below.

P7240017.JPG

P7240026.JPG

P7240050.JPG

P7240115.JPG

Yep, Skyshark, and it was for sale.

P7240139.JPG

P7240137.JPG

Sharkmouth

P7240065.JPG

Even had cars

P7240095.JPG

and some military vehicles

P7240148.JPG

P7240168.JPG

Edited by philp

Cool pics! How about sending those and any others to Mike Lindsey for the walkaround gallery? I'll bet you know just how to do that!

How did you know what I was going to practice with?

Updated the file with some larger pics because so many of us can use the help.