British and French Fuel Barrels

David M. Knights

Ok guys.

In 72nd scale I have German and US fuel drums.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether the Brits and the French in 1940 used the U.S. drums or did they have their own with their own particular shape and size.

Just curious. Bouns points if someone knows who makes them in 72 scale .

David,

In 1/72 I don't think it will really matter. the biggest difference I have seen in 1/35 scale is the markings on the top lid and the ribbing around the sides. I think you can probably get away with using either. Also, it depends on yoru period because drums were stolen on a constant basis.

Mark

David,

In 1/72 I don't think it will really matter. the biggest difference I have seen in 1/35 scale is the markings on the top lid and the ribbing around the sides. I think you can probably get away with using either. Also, it depends on yoru period because drums were stolen on a constant basis.

Mark

Mark,

I know that even in 72nd scale there is a big difference between U.S. and German drums. The german drums were smaller and held less that 55 gals. They looked different. I'm trying to figure out if the French and British barrels in 1940 were significantly different in shape and size from the U.S. ones. So far, I just haven't found anything definitive.

Ok, I've found one company that makes french fuel drums in 35th scale.

http://www.retrokit.net/retrotracks35_106.html

They look like U.S. drums, but that is all I know at this point.

David,

Those don't look much different than the American ones that I just got out of the Tamiya Maintenance set and don't look any different than the Tamiya jerry can and fuel drum set I pulled out. Of course, it could be that the picture is so small too.

Mark