Russian BMP-1

802chrisg

• 4 weeks later...
Looking great Chris! I've built a few of these in 1/72 scale too. There's just something about this brute....

Duke,

I agree, there is a simple yet very brute look to this AFV. I like all the different looks in this line of AFV, a.K.a. BMP-2, BMP-3, etc.. The russian got this one right. Glad you liked this one. Not a big selection for the BMP-1 in 1/35 scale.

Chris

True. They did get it right. And at least you got yours from Dragon! Mine were all ACE kits; short run models that took some work to assemble, but built into nice models. ACE is the only company that makes these in my scale.

Keep these gems coming!

In the late 80s-early 90s we got three new and different BMP kits all at the same time! Esci, Dragon and the forgettable Lindberg kit. That's more choices than we ever had for some of the rarer subjects.

I like your build, the DML BMP was one of my first Dragon kits way back when.

I agree and other than the track, I thought it was a great kit!!!!

Ah Mark you bring up a bad subject about the track. I used the kits indivisual links track. What a pain in the A#%*. There were times that I truely almost smashed this thing against the wall because of those dam tracks. Never again will I use them. The kit is a good kit other then the tracks. If someone has this kit or is going to get it, I highly recommend buying aftermarket tracks. Beleive me for your own well being , do it!!

It may look brute but you can't be over 5'6" tall and expect to get out quickly. They were built like the T-55. Very small!

It may look brute but you can't be over 5'6" tall and expect to get out quickly. They were built like the T-55. Very small!

Well, so much for the Russians being ten feet tall during the seventies and eighties! :smiley22::smiley17:

• 1 month later...