"Kiss the Pavement!"

VonL

This is SAC's classic PEACEKEEPER security vehicle, based on the Chevy Blazer, from the late 1980's. The 'kit' was a short-run, resin set, bought from a hobby shop near my old BUFF base (Mementos Hobbies in northern Maine) a very long time ago. The wheelbase scales to about 1/83 scale, based on the real thing, sitting in our air museum. Everything added to the resin hull was scratchbuilt from sheet plastic, wire and craft stuff...except for the M-60, which comes from an aftermarket PE set.

PK_1a.jpg

PK_7.jpg

Edited by VonL

Very nice job on this kit. Looks great. I remember seeing this actual vehicle twice. Once at the old Plattsburg,NY SAC AF Base in the 80's and when I was in the Navy on Guam at the Naval Magazine used to guard the fence line for the Nuke bunkers. I always liked the look of this vehicle. Thanks for sharing it here.

Nice job on what looks like a rough kit.

Here's some pics of the real thing at warwheels.net: http://www.warwheels.net/CommandoScoutINDEX.html

If you could take more photos of the model and send them to me, I can put them up at WarWheels. Just send me an e-mail at editor@warwheels.net . :smiley20:

Edited by Warwheels

Thanx for the good words, guys! Can mo'debly send a few pix to War Wheels. The SAC version of the PK displayed at Ellsworth AFB is fairly intact. Can send along some detail shots of that critter too, if you think the AFV crowd wants them.