Falklands War A4 decals in1?48

Chuckboy44

Hi,

Does anyone know where/from whom I can find a 1/48 decal set for a Falklands War Argentinian A-4? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi,

Does anyone know where/from whom I can find a 1/48 decal set for a Falklands War Argentinian A-4? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hasegawa had an A-4 that was a limited run in Falkland war markings which had a ship kill IIRC. I dont remember the kit number though but it was pretty cool. That is the only markings for an Argentine skyhawk from the Falklands war that I know of. I had that kit for quite a while but sold it on a whim, which I now regret doing.

Edited by TheDude

Check with Flightdecs. They carry the Aerocalcas line which includes an A-4 in the Malvinas :D markings.

I have purchased items from Flightdecs several times and feel that he is a great source of interesting decals and very easy to deal with.

There's a guy in Miami that makes both the markings and the conversion set. I can't remember his name but maybe Gil can. Great guy, he's an Argie which explains his focus.

Hasegawa had an A-4 that was a limited run in Falkland war markings which had a ship kill IIRC. I dont remember the kit number though but it was pretty cool. That is the only markings for an Argentine skyhawk from the Falklands war that I know of. I had that kit for quite a while but sold it on a whim, which I now regret doing.

Brian is correct, Hasegawa had a limited release of this:

100_8269.jpg

...kit number 09554. In fact, I may have been the one that bought Brian's kit at a club swapmeet. Sorry Brian, I really like it and wanna keep it. (________)

This is Hobbycraft's issue, kit number HC1433:

100_8267.jpg

....and the back cover showing which markings you get with it.

100_8268.jpg

While this kit is not quite as good as Hasegawa's, it really is a nice kit and worth the money.

Also, there is a really nice comparison building article of the two kits above with an even better detailed article of Argentine Scooters with tons of photos and artwork in this Model Aircraft Monthly, Vol.4 Issue 12 magazine:

100_8270.jpg

And then Aztec has (or had???) a 48th scale sheet 48-007:

100_8271.jpg

I hope these images help you looking for what you want. And I am sorry to say that I really like these and do not wish to part with them.

Lastly, if you come up with thee Hasegawa kit, mine is missing the instructions and I would like to get a photocopy of them, please. PM me if you do, thanks. Model on, Brother of the Scooter Sprue. :smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater

• 2 weeks later...

What ya need? A4P or PQ. Navy or FAA?

Aerocalcas make a nice set, but they are a tad thick. The Latin Eagles set is better..

Can help on the fine details if you like..