ICM PzKpfw II Ausf. L

Mike Delano

I originally started this as kind of a weekend project as this is one of my favorite kits aside from its various problems. After picking up a cheap Eduard PE set for it at the Atlanta show last weekend, I decided to pull some parts out of the spares box to make this one a little bit better... I Pulled various parts from my DML spares boxes. Jerry cans are Tamiya. The main gun is just a placeholder as I'm waiting for my Griffon 2cm kwk 38 barrel to arrive any day now. Hatch handles are made form leftover pivot wire from a set of Friul tracks. I'm considering getting a set of Friul tracks for this one, but the ones included with the ICM kit really aren't that bad... I wish Tasca had taken that que of including link by link tracks with their Luchs kit...

DSC_5498.jpg

DSC_5496.jpg

DSC_5495.jpg

DSC_5494.jpg

DSC_5493.jpg

DSC_5491.jpg

DSC_5489.jpg

No, I never found them, but I found some good photos of the suspension - I just needed to make sure I had the suspension in the proper angle on the proper sides....

My next project is to locate a Tasca star antenna - I know that it has been sold as a separate add-on kit (like they do with their Sherman roadwheel sets) before, I just cant find it by itself...

Mike,

Not Tasca but......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Voyager-1-35-WWII-Germ...=item2a070246fa

Perth said he ordered his directly from Rainbow 10.

Edited by Mark Aldrich

Mike,

I always hit there first to see what I am looking for is going for and then ask on the boards. Makes trading and buying a little more genial.

Mark

Mike,

This is coming along very well. I enjoy seeing a model based on an older release done up better than some I've seen of the newer releases. Good job!!!

Mark

Mike,

Looking good so far. I to like the fact that you are working with an older kit and bringing it alive with all the great after market stuff out there.