Monk Warrior 13th century

Kjundude1

It has been a while since I have posted here.

This is a Pegaso 54mm Warrior monk.

Matt Springer did a SBS on Timelines Forum on this piece, so I thought it was a great learning opportunity. This is only the third 54mm figure that I have evr done and my first attempt at so much white. It is completely painted with Vallejo Acrylics and weathered with Vallejo pigments.

Advice and comments always welcome.

Chris Fontenot

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Chris,

This is an excellent paint job on an interesting figure. Was this a resin or white metal figure kit? What primer did you use under the Vallejo paints? How long did you work on this figure before it was completed?

I am very impressed with the degrees of shading on the white cloak; you made it look real. His face has both definition and character as you have painted the skin.

Did you undercut any of the details to make them appear to stand out? For example, the edges of straps and buckles against the cloth underneath could be undercut to make them look more three dimensional against the cloth. Your dark shading accomplishes this effect very nicely.

Congratulations on a great figure model.

Ed

Ed, thank you for your kind words.

This is a white metal figure, primed in Black Krylon primer. I actually worked on this one for about 4 weeks. I am a very slow worker.

I did not do any undercutting. That would have created a nice effect.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Chris Fontenot