Buffaloes in FAA Service

Weedeater

Being both a Canadian and an aircraft builder, I have little idea about cars and trucks. However, I'd like to recreate part of this picture and find myself in need of a 1/72 truck. Doing a little Google work, I see PST has a 1943 Ford that looks similar, but it appears to be out of production. (Heck I'm not even sure if that is a Ford in the picture.)

Any suggestions?

BuffaloRCAF.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

- Jim had posted this inquiry over in the Automotive Section. I had started to inquire about the aircraft (obvious) in the photo asking about the Nationality of the markings. So I thought I would drag this part of the discussion over to the Aircraft Section.

- They did not look like the usual RAF markings as seen in SEA and Australian region. But....Jim pointed out that they were Fleet Air Arm markings after the Buffaloes were diverted to the UK following the Dutch take over by Germany. This is all new to me and I can only find a few references, not to mention fewer pics, about Buffaloes in FAA service. Can anyone (Jim included) identify whether these were eventually painted in the typical FAA colors (Dark Sea Grey, Slate Grey, and Sky) or were they left throughout the remainder of their service in the Dutch colors (Dark Earth, Foliage Green, and Silver bellies)? Or what? Does anyone have either a color drawing or a text reference to support which ever the color schemes were or became? Thanks for your assistance with this mystery.

- Jim had posted this inquiry over in the Automotive Section. I had started to inquire about the aircraft (obvious) in the photo asking about the Nationality of the markings. So I thought I would drag this part of the discussion over to the Aircraft Section.

- They did not look like the usual RAF markings as seen in SEA and Australian region. But....Jim pointed out that they were Fleet Air Arm markings after the Buffaloes were diverted to the UK following the Dutch take over by Germany. This is all new to me and I can only find a few references, not to mention fewer pics, about Buffaloes in FAA service. Can anyone (Jim included) identify whether these were eventually painted in the typical FAA colors (Dark Sea Grey, Slate Grey, and Sky) or were they left throughout the remainder of their service in the Dutch colors (Dark Earth, Foliage Green, and Silver bellies)? Or what? Does anyone have either a color drawing or a text reference to support which ever the color schemes were or became? Thanks for your assistance with this mystery.

Looks like Buffaloes being unpacked/tested from the order originally intended for Belgium - hence the unusual insignia.

These are the Belgian birds before take over by the British. They were repainted in RAF colours...Dark Earth/Dark Green over Sky when they arrived in England. The FAA birds served with 805 Squadron in the Crete and Egypt.

Jim