Italeri 1/48 Boeing V-22 Osprey

66Foxtrot

In typical Italeri fashion, this kit fought me every step of the way. Absolutely nothing fit, and molding flash abounded. A great deal of time was spent re-scribing and re-riveting the lost, raised details. There's more epoxy, superglue, and putty on this model than on my LHS's shelves. But, I like how it ended up. The decals were quite nice. Lifecolor acrylics....very nice paints! I liked the way they went down. I just noticed, looking at these pics...I forgot to add the windshield wipers!!!

JK

ItaleriV22Osprey14.jpg

ItaleriV22Osprey15.jpg

ItaleriV22Osprey23.jpg

ItaleriV22Osprey24.jpg

ItaleriV22Osprey26.jpg

ItaleriV22Osprey29.jpg

James, James, James...you should have referred to you sig when you went to build this one..."It's A Trap!" :smiley4: I'd love to build this kit but I gave up many years ago and gave it to a friend. Now seeing how nice yours came out I'm convinced it would not be near as nice as yours, sir. A beautiful job on a tough nut of a kit. :smiley2:

Later,

Lee

Nice work James!

I had a friend who built one of these, and kept saying it was the first kit in a long while that he was tempted to throw against the wall every time he worked on it!

JUst goes to show that anything is buildable; with patience, determination, and the skills you possess! Looks great James! Take 2 demerits for forgetting the wipers and 4 attaboys for a job well done!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks everybody!

I simply dipped the canopy in future, like always. I did use Eduard masks on it, which are the best thing, ever. I use them whenever I can, nowadays.