Heinkel He-219 A-0 "OWL" (tamiya 1/48)

CYBERMODEL

Hi! Comrades!

This is a tamiya´s 1/48 model.

I only did some scratcs, cabin, landing gear, rivets, Antenna cables.

I chose to make the plane flown by ace Modrow.

A quick briff of the pilot ...

I don´t have the decals then I paint them direct in the model.

UHU.jpg

The hunting of Modrow was a Heinkel HE 219, one of the best aircraft in the category of night fighters already manufactured. On the ground their appearance was not the best, because the aircraft was built with a big, clumsy chassis, a set of antennae at the front and cabin for pilot and radar operator, well ahead of the aircraft.

But this appearance was deceptive in the air this plane was almost unbeatable. Had a modern radar system front FuG 212C-1 "Lichtenstein," which served to slow the location of allied bombers night. To overturn them, the 219 HE used a revolutionary and innovative model of twin cannons known as "Schrage Musik", translation for "Jazz Music", an allusion to the fast pace of the bands of North American swing. It was an impressive weapon, the differential was in fact her shoot for the top.

These are two of size 30 mm cannon, installed on the rear of the fuselage, with an inclination of 65 degrees and fired into the lower part of unprotected and British bombers. The action usually occurred as follows; pilot of a German night fighter was flying alone at night, always supported by radars on land which had the task of locating a bomber. After marking a target, sent to the operator's radar aircraft attacking the position of the victim, the pilot of the plane hunter went to area of attack, the target visually located, is positioned behind and below its prey, spent just under the " belly "of unprotected aircraft, opened fire and the target was destroyed.

Modrow will develop their ability to hunter so remarkable, so much so that in June 1944, on two separate nights, seven tackles four bombers, being awarded the Ritterkreuz (Knight's Cross of Cross of Iron). The fighting has continued in the following months and he again achieved great success on the night of 23 to September 24, 1944, dropping four four English next to Düsseldorf, Germany. From its 34 confirmed victories, 33 were in the course of 1944. In January of 1945 he was awarded the Deutsches Kreuz (German Cruz), one of the highest decorations of the German Air Force in World War II.

On the night of Feb. 1, 1945, its HE-219 plane had problems, Modrow and his assistant, Alfred staff, used the new system ejetável seat, one of the first crews to use this new invention. Modrow abateria his latest victim on the night of 05 to 06 January 1945, been to surrender to the Western allies during the signing of the Armistice, in May of that year. Modrow was credited at the 34 victories in 259 missions, including 109 missions as pilot of game night.

In the 1950s, with rebuilding the German Armed Forces, Modrow joined the Bundesluftwaffe, the new German Air Force, where he remained until his retirement in 1964, when he went to reserve the post of lieutenant-colonel. Ernst-Wilhelm Modrow died of natural causes in the port city of Kiel (Germany) to 82 years of age, on September 10, 1990.

I hope to all enjoy my model!

Cheers

Left panel

Paineldecontroleesq1.jpg

Right panel

lateral3.jpg

Radio and Radar panel..

Radioradar.jpg

Canopy..

canopy3.jpg

Cannon..

DSC_0739.jpg

Geral check before paint...

DSC_0741.jpg

Paint step 1.

Uhu2.jpg

Paint step 2.

Uhu2.jpg

Camouflage patern..

Uhu-1.jpg

Close up...

rabo-1.jpg

Detail...

He219-26f.jpg

DSC_0791.jpg

Radar antenna..

radar.jpg

ante.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

Detail´s...

detalhes.jpg

Some detail´s.

Landing gear..

trem-4.jpg

trem2.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

Emerson, THAT is a superb job. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing all of your in-progress shots too. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Top notch (and delicate) work there! I love those yellow wire bundles in your cockpit! What did you use for those? The mottling is very sharp, as are the painted markings. Congrats on a beautiful build!

GIL :smiley16:

Posts like this inspire me to step it up a notch the next time I hit the model bench. Really awesome.

Outstanding work, Emerson! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Great looking build!

Thank you for sharing. It was nice to see your "step-by-step" progress.

• 3 weeks later...